Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

oscar garcia song?

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
From where we were we heard up to barca then just heard LA la la la la for the rest, great chant

Haha this is why it's brilliant, no one knows the words so just la la la it until "So please don't take my Oscar away". I love that no one knew the words but just went along with it anyway hahah

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
First two lines are great, tails off a bit after that, but still a good effort.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This is apparently the words.

"OSCAR GARCIA, HE DRINKS SANGRIA, HE CAME FROM BARCA, TO BRING US JOY, HE'S GOT STUBBLE, LIKE BARNEY RUBBLE, SO PLEASE DON'T TAKE MY OSCAR AWAY".

Told you it'd be shit.

Why is that 'shit'?

It's an amusing chant at a football match - the guys that though of it, probably don't have one eye on the Mercury Music Prize or an Ivor Novello.

I like it. If people don't, then don't sing it...

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Why is that 'shit'?

It's an amusing chant at a football match - the guys that though of it, probably don't have one eye on the Mercury Music Prize or an Ivor Novello.

He's obviously a moany ****, good on people making new chants

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
He likes possession, he's football heaven could also replace the stubble/rubble line?

I for one like that, but the words are set now, unfortunately they will never change. We'll now just have to go with the flow.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Why is that 'shit'?

Sounded great once we worked out the lyrics.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I for one like that, but the words are set now, unfortunately they will never change. We'll now just have to go with the flow.

The "rubble" line was not being sang at the last home game. It was " He's 5ft seven, he's football heaven.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Just a shame that when people try out new chants/songs, there are always the kill joys and moaners.
Shall we just stick to about 3 songs then and just repeat them.

Andy8

Jan 25, 2013
Great song. Nice bit of humour! It was followed by a few chants of 'Barney Rubbles blue and white army' at one point!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The group who started it off today gradually got more and more people singing it, to the point where it must have sounded half decent.

Then another group picked up on it to the right hand side, none of whom knew the words beyond one particular line, so there were numerous loud renditions of

"Oscar Garcia
He drinks sangria
He came from Barca
La la la la
La la la la la
La la la la la
So please don't take my Oscar away".

Was quite funny from where I was stood :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well done to those doing it. Only thing I'd say is the penultimate two lines aren't the ones that are meant to rhyme. If you're gonna end it with 'take my Oscar away' then the 4th to last line should rhyme with 'away' I think. Just sounded a bit out of place that last line. Maybe I'm just being picky. Good effort though...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Edit - what about changing it to:

He came from Barca
In sunny Spain

JB (Albion)

May 16, 2013
hove
Oscar Garcia he drinks Sangria,

The group who started it off today gradually got more and more people singing it, to the point where it must have sounded half decent.

Then another group picked up on it to the right hand side, none of whom knew the words beyond one particular line, so there were numerous loud renditions

Was quite funny from where I was stood :)

"Oscar Garcia
He drinks sangria
He came from Barca,
to bring us joy,
he s 5 foot seven,
he's football heven,
so please dont take our oscar away

Repeat.

it was sung a few weeks ago at Derby, in the morbid bit of the west stand upper , worked better on the train upto the Amex but the result killed it off that day . still got a bit of work before its football heaven but it looked good enough day!:clap:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
"Oscar Garcia
He drinks sangria
He came from Barca,
to bring us joy,
he s 5 foot seven,
he's football heven,
so please dont take our oscar away

Repeat.

it was sung a few weeks ago at Derby, in the morbid bit of the west stand upper , worked better on the train upto the Amex but the result killed it off that day . still got a bit of work before its football heaven but it looked good enough day!:clap:

Why 'joy' tho?! It makes the whole thing sound odd. Surely it should rhyme or at least sound like the tone / word 'away'?!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why 'joy' tho?! It makes the whole thing sound odd. Surely it should rhyme or at least sound like the tone / word 'away'?!

Agree with that, it should be "make us play", or something better than that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here