Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia - Opinions from BHA fans

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Forest fans forums are debating how long we should stick with Stuart Pearce and who would replace him. Oscar Garcia's name cropped up quite a lot as someone who at least would get us playing some kind of structured decent football. Just thought it would be nice to hear the opinions of those on here. Would anyone here welcome him back?

no point. he can't cope with the pressure in this country.
decent bloke though

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Appreciating the feedback folks. Thanks.

His song is:

OSCAR Garcia
He drinks sangria
He came from Barca, to bring us joy.
He has more stubble
Than barney rubble
Please don't take, our OSCAR away!
La la la laaaa la. Etc

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Forest fans forums are debating how long we should stick with Stuart Pearce and who would replace him. Oscar Garcia's name cropped up quite a lot as someone who at least would get us playing some kind of structured decent football. Just thought it would be nice to hear the opinions of those on here. Would anyone here welcome him back?

Mate, head yourself to the Palace forum and ask them about their loyal legend Freedman. Then google his last couple of visits to the Amex :lolol:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
He took a team or world beaters and turned them into dross. He thinks passing it aimlessly across the back four and then back to the goalkeeper is a legitimate way to set-up, no flair, no personality, no spark.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It would be fascinating to see what he could achieve at a club where he received significant backing. He worked wonders with us given the restrictions he seemed to be operating under.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He took a team or world beaters and turned them into dross. He thinks passing it aimlessly across the back four and then back to the goalkeeper is a legitimate way to set-up, no flair, no personality, no spark.
What absolute rubbish, what team of world beaters and dross does not finish 6th.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It would be fascinating to see what he could achieve at a club where he received significant backing. He worked wonders with us given the restrictions he seemed to be operating under.
Take Ulloa and Upson out of that squad and we would of been in a relegation scrap.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Hyperbole at it's best :lolol:

Two of these Word beaters went on strike under Oscar. One left and the other one was injured for a large part of the season. I think we were left with one of the world beaters (Upson) and our keeper decided to have a nightmare season too. On top of these he got ZERO backing from the board and had to cope with the worst injury crisis I have seen in 40 years of following the Albion. 6th place was a fecking miracle under the circumstances

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Cobblers.

He inherited a crocked squad with a couple of want-away's and little investment and still finished 6th.

The football was turgid at times but his achievement is undeniable.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hyperbole at it's best :lolol:

Two of these Word beaters went on strike under Oscar. One left and the other one was injured for a large part of the season. I think we were left with one of the world beaters (Upson) and our keeper decided to have a nightmare season too. On top of these he got ZERO backing from the board and had to cope with the worst injury crisis I have seen in 40 years of following the Albion. 6th place was a fecking miracle under the circumstances

Where's the evidence that he got ZERO backing from the board?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I seem to be in a minority here and I'll stick my neck out and state that I think he just rode on the back of Poyet's squad. I don't think he did anything spectacular to mark him out as anything other than solid. A win ratio here of 40% didn't set the world alight and for me he just kept a steady ship on course in slightly lumpy weather.
Absolute rubbish....He had the worst injury crisis ever and had all the turmoil behind the scenes to deal with.He had idiots behind the scenes getting in league 1 players like obika etc.
When he arrived he stated clearly he loves attacking football and only knows attacking football...Sadly we had little to offer with attacking players with so many injuries and he then stuck to the defensive football in which was boring as fack,but he did the business in amazing circumstances.

If you actually think he wanted boring negative football then you're deluded as he had little choice???

Great person and will be a great manager one day:thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Absolute rubbish....He had the worst injury crisis ever and had all the turmoil behind the scenes to deal with.He had idiots behind the scenes getting in league 1 players like obika etc.
When he arrived he stated clearly he loves attacking football and only knows attacking football...Sadly we had little to offer with attacking players with so many injuries and he then stuck to the defensive football in which was boring as fack,but he did the business in amazing circumstances.

If you actually think he wanted boring negative football then you're deluded as he had little choice???

0-0 at Yeovil without a shot on target.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

I agree with this - he made the very best of a very bad situation with us but maintained his dignity and integrity throughout.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where's the evidence that he got ZERO backing from the board?

Take a look at who we bought and the fact that he walked away as soon as possible at the end of the season. Also take into account what happened to David Burke last month. If you believe Oscar was backed in who we bought that's absolutely fine. I think he was sold a pup by the board when he was employed and neither he nor Hyypia had much input on the players employed. I have zero proof, just what I think.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Take a look at who we bought and the fact that he walked away as soon as possible at the end of the season. Also take into account what happened to David Burke last month. If you believe Oscar was backed in who we bought that's absolutely fine. I think he was sold a pup by the board when he was employed and neither he nor Hyypia had much input on the players employed. I have zero proof, just what I think.

I know what Tony Bloom said at each Fans Forum, that the player budget was the same or, last year, the highest ever. Poyet & Hyypia also had to put with Burke.
I don't know, but I'm fairly sure that Rodriguez was brought in by Oscar and he was useless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here