Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia on the Shortlist for Swansea

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The arguments against that is what has Garry Monk done never been a manager

True. IMO Monk is a pretty barmy decision given what's at stake so anything is possible, but I guess what makes the difference is he does know the club.
As for Oscar Garcia - unlike Poyet, he is not a 'name'. He is shaping up to having a reasonable first season in the championship.
Other contenders for Prem jobs have more going for them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Have we established for DEFINITE whether it's our Oscar Garcia or the Oscar Garcia who already works at SWANSEA? The paper's might've got confused...?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Have we established for DEFINITE whether it's our Oscar Garcia or the Oscar Garcia who already works at SWANSEA? The paper's might've got confused...?

I thought that, but the Oscar Garcia that was already at Swansea was a fitness coach, so it seems unlikely to me that it would be him. It would also seem silly for them to sack him if they were considering promoting him from fitness coach to manager/head coach

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

It is our Oscar.

They sacked the other one.

There are however other candidates in the frame who may be more likely.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

I think the fact that all the papers are saying "Brighton manager Oscar Garcia" probably clarifies it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
7/1 fourth favourite.

.....that said Hoddle is 5/1 second favourite so I wouldn't read too much into the odds!

Last edited:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
'Swansea is not a job that is interesting you at the moment?'

OG: 'I am focused on tomorrows game!' :$

Listening to OG when he does most interviews with the press, I don't think his English is that good yet. Because he often answers with a different interpretation of the question and answers it as if he trying to avoid the original question. Either that or he is a practicing to be a politician. He also does not seem to like media attention very much. Again the could be down to confidence with the language. So I am not going to worry about how he answered that question.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Who the HELL does he think he is WHORING himself around for these jobs? Just say you're not Interested Oscar, you disloyal uruguyan Chelsea-loving *******.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here