Óscar García Junyent - Club CONFIRM appointment as Head Coach (8.10pm, 26 June)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
1) It would be wise. Appeal is an internal process, but he could still bring an Employment Tribunal case some months down the line.
2) No. Because he could still bring an Employment Tribunal, so probably best to just keep our views, and "findings" quiet.
3) Appeal is a private internal process, and if he wins, we will agree a financial settlement, which I'd assume will come complete with a gagging clause. If it goes to Employment Tribunal, then it all gets dealt with in public. That is why ET cases are regularly settled "on the steps", before it actually reaches the panel.

In short, I don't think we'll get details whatever happens. The chairman and manager fall out, and the manager goes. We now all move on.

I agree!

Dec 29, 2012
United Kingdom
Is anyone good enough for you, I would imagine you have no idea who he is and therefore are too lazy too find out. You do have an ability to make yourself look at bit silly!!
I answer that for you sorry mate I'm just haveing my views I want someone for our great club that has never managed us sorry,then 2 pages down it will be sorry everyone then it will be leave poor mark alone.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am going to nail my flag to the mast and say I think this is the perfect signing. An English manager would have started again and we would have had a season of change. This guy will take the Gus Bus and add to it. No need for revolution when you have finished 4th playing good football. Just the evloution we needed. Also as an up and coming manager he has growth and ambition, so it's an appointment for the medium term as well.

BUT for ****s sake lay off him when he inevtiably says he wants to manage at a higher level, when he is asked if he one day wants to manage Barcelona or someone else and he says yes. That's what you would expect. No need for some on here to have a hissy fit. He wil come, hopefully take us up, and improve us, and then he will go on to better things. That's football.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I think we may talking at cross purposes! I agree that there is nothing to stop us appointing OG as Head Coach per se. My point is simply that doing so is likely to cost us more money than it would have done had we appointed a genuine and obvious temporary only person, since the appointment of OG as "temporary" is likely to be seen through as a sham, meaning that GP's appeal has been pre-judged.

To be fair it probably has as the appeal is an internal process and very unlikely to reach a different conclusion. It will be then up to GP to go down the legal ET route or court case for unfair dismissal. I see know issue in appointing OGJ as interim manager. Its only lip service we know it, GP and his legal team know it. It not aobut GP getting his job back and managing the Albion again - its about £££££££.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I sort of agree but in the disciplinary process the appeal is private and between Gus and his representative/s and somebody at the club who was not involved in the original disciplinary meeting. His role is to hear the appeal and decide if the original decision was justified or not.

Gus can then go to employment tribunal and seek a hearing for unfair dismissal. (I think they would also inform him at the time if he has a case or not ) As far as I know :)

If I am not correct I am sure there are hundreds of legal experts poised to tell me.

Being blunt. Gus isnt coming back. It will go to appeal and the likely skip and et and go straight to a court hearing (as football managers have fixed term contracts there is a grey area if an et is actually okay to cover this). It is more likely to be a contractual issue. Gus will likely want to clear his name - I suspect more than he is after the money.

So whilst employing an interim my be an issue in emeployment terms if handled wrongly, in this case its a side show. However this may have more of a knock on with tanno and Charlie.

I wonder how well our German doctor will get on with the fitness and conditioning person?

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
u8y8ynyq.jpg

Can't believe the Toronto Blue Jays lost :(

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I answer that for you sorry mate I'm just haveing my views I want someone for our great club that has never managed us sorry,then 2 pages down it will be sorry everyone then it will be leave poor mark alone.

If I were the reincarnation of a (twice) banned poster, I reckon I'd at least have the decency to try to not post exactly as I'd done before, in that now-banned guise.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I am going to nail my flag to the mast and say I think this is the perfect signing. An English manager would have started again and we would have had a season of change. This guy will take the Gus Bus and add to it. No need for revolution when you have finished 4th playing good football. Just the evloution we needed. Also as an up and coming manager he has growth and ambition, so it's an appointment for the medium term as well.

BUT for ****s sake lay off him when he inevtiably says he wants to manage at a higher level, when he is asked if he one day wants to manage Barcelona or someone else and he says yes. That's what you would expect. No need for some on here to have a hissy fit. He wil come, hopefully take us up, and improve us, and then he will go on to better things. That's football.

Spot on sir. Just saved me typing loads of words

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Very VERY good post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports