Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Óscar García Junyent - Club CONFIRM appointment as Head Coach (8.10pm, 26 June)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
My experience at both ET and High Court would suggest you're wrong.

And my experiences of ET and High Court are clearly not the same as yours. We cannot be expected to leave a crucial role effectively vacant while this all plays out. We have already done that for long enough so as not to suggest the disciplinary was a foregone conclusion. We now appoint Oscar, give him a slightly different title, and that is then not an issue.

If we were expected to leave the role open until Gus was totally satisfied, and not bringing any further case to an ET, it would be giving him FAR too much power over us. Also, while he is time barred in bringing his appeal, he has plenty of time to bring a case to ET, and has to demonstrate absolutely no grounds before bringing it to the ET. No company could be expected to leave the role vacant for that length of time.

We have a business to run here, and a responsibility to numerous other employees. What they are doing is absolutely fine. What they did previously may NOT be, but appointing a Head Coach or Interim Manager today will have no bearing whatsoever.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Time for unfettered optimism again. It's been a while - couple of months maybe - but I, for one, am very happy indeed. Thrilling news. I'm F5-ing until we get the official news release....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
u8y8ynyq.jpg

Go Rays!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Hmm. I appear to have wet myself.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Interesting comments from Maccabi fans

"Group backwater in the second division in England"

"Ha, ha, ha. Much as they loved the dolphins, they ran foaming with love" - my favourite!

"Thank you Oscar"

"Nonsense money covers everything. Money money money money. "

"See? Apparently, not only Israelis greedy assholes ... It's comforting? "

There's a lot of us here foaming with love right now

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Look at me with my suddenly relevant user name. :D

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
is it true that:

1) if Gus does not appeal we have to keep it all silent (what happened).
2) if he appeals and loses, we can tell the press and fans everything.
3) if he appeals and wins, we have to keep it all silent.

???

1) It would be wise. Appeal is an internal process, but he could still bring an Employment Tribunal case some months down the line.
2) No. Because he could still bring an Employment Tribunal, so probably best to just keep our views, and "findings" quiet.
3) Appeal is a private internal process, and if he wins, we will agree a financial settlement, which I'd assume will come complete with a gagging clause. If it goes to Employment Tribunal, then it all gets dealt with in public. That is why ET cases are regularly settled "on the steps", before it actually reaches the panel.

In short, I don't think we'll get details whatever happens. The chairman and manager fall out, and the manager goes. We now all move on.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
so if he comes in and continues to play 1 up front what will be the reaction of the Poyet haters on here then, as I assumed it was Gus's style of play that so pissed people off. Shirley his style was a continental style which Oscar will have been brought up on?

Looking at the goal highlights from MTA on YouTube suggests he has a plan "A" , "B" and "C"

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
And my experiences of ET and High Court are clearly not the same as yours. We cannot be expected to leave a crucial role effectively vacant while this all plays out. We have already done that for long enough so as not to suggest the disciplinary was a foregone conclusion. We now appoint Oscar, give him a slightly different title, and that is then not an issue.

If we were expected to leave the role open until Gus was totally satisfied, and not bringing any further case to an ET, it would be giving him FAR too much power over us. Also, while he is time barred in bringing his appeal, he has plenty of time to bring a case to ET, and has to demonstrate absolutely no grounds before bringing it to the ET. No company could be expected to leave the role vacant for that length of time.

We have a business to run here, and a responsibility to numerous other employees. What they are doing is absolutely fine. What they did previously may NOT be, but appointing a Head Coach or Interim Manager today will have no bearing whatsoever.

I think we may talking at cross purposes! I agree that there is nothing to stop us appointing OG as Head Coach per se. My point is simply that doing so is likely to cost us more money than it would have done had we appointed a genuine and obvious temporary only person, since the appointment of OG as "temporary" is likely to be seen through as a sham, meaning that GP's appeal has been pre-judged.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
seems to me from the clubs actions and confidence in those actions, that they believe they have poyet bang to rights on something - otherwise they would have just paid him off rather than going thru this rigmarole. If this is the case, they may well be banking on poyet not wanting to drag his name and actions through the courts (and becoming public knowledge) for want of harming his career even further.

I sort of agree but in the disciplinary process the appeal is private and between Gus and his representative/s and somebody at the club who was not involved in the original disciplinary meeting. His role is to hear the appeal and decide if the original decision was justified or not.

Gus can then go to employment tribunal and seek a hearing for unfair dismissal. (I think they would also inform him at the time if he has a case or not ) As far as I know :)

If I am not correct I am sure there are hundreds of legal experts poised to tell me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here