Óscar García Junyent - Club CONFIRM appointment as Head Coach (8.10pm, 26 June)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
So the odds are that someone on here with nothing better to do than monitor Twitter 24 hours a day will retweet something before he does.

I have better things to do yet I still monitor Twitter all day!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
No reason why it shouldn't be. Club will only be able to make an interim appointment for the purposes of public announcements etc, while the Gus appeal runs its course. However, I see nothing to stop Bloom making a private undertaking to OGJ that it will become a permanent appointment after the appeal (and that in the unlikely event that Gus wins the appeal there is money put aside to pay him off in compensation).

While this is absolutely true, and it may well happen, if I were Gus' lawyers I would be using it as ammunition to say that BHA have pre-judged the outcome of the appeal. I'd be going along the lines of "So, you have appointed OG as "interim", eh? Why on earth would OG take a 3-4 week temporary appointment in a different country? Also, why have his two sidekicks left MTA to be with him, unless they knew that their boss had a permanent deal already organised? No, this is just a sham; you've organised a temp to perm, meaning that you've pre-judged the outcome of GP's appeal, meaning that his dismissal is wrongful. See you in court."

Assuming that a major part of the reason why the club have gone down the full disciplinary procedure as opposed to just sacking GP and paying him off is the desire to save the costs of settling his contract (presumably largely influenced by FFP, as well as just TB not wanting to part with, allegedly, £2-2.5m), why would they now risk doing something that makes it more likely that they will have to pay him off?

The club need to be careful that they don't lose the race in the final furlong. It would be ridiculous to take the club (and the fans) through the pain of a six week hiatus to save money only to be forced to pay it anyway because they enable GP's lawyers to say the whole thing was a charade and a stitch up from the start.

Having said all that, it does seem likely that the club will appoint OG in the next 24 hours as interim...so, I guess we'll see what the fallout is.

One thing's for sure, imo, if OG does get appointed, it will definitely be temp to perm.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Albert Cid ‏@lechu_zas 7m
Blanc i blau! Els colors del Brighton, el meu nou equip a Anglaterra! Molta sort Òscar Garcia!!

(White and blue! The colors of Brighton, England on my new computer! Oscar Garcia of luck!)

Love it!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Sung in a Phil Mitchell type voice;

Oscar YuuCants Blue and White Army

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Albert Cid ‏@lechu_zas 7m
Blanc i blau! Els colors del Brighton, el meu nou equip a Anglaterra! Molta sort Òscar Garcia!!

(White and blue! The colors of Brighton, England on my new computer! Oscar Garcia of luck!)

Love it!

Brilliant

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
While this is absolutely true, and it may well happen, if I were Gus' lawyers I would be using it as ammunition to say that BHA have pre-judged the outcome of the appeal. I'd be going along the lines of "So, you have appointed OG as "interim", eh? Why on earth would OG take a 3-4 week temporary appointment in a different country? Also, why have his two sidekicks left MTA to be with him, unless they knew that their boss had a permanent deal already organised? No, this is just a sham; you've organised a temp to perm, meaning that you've pre-judged the outcome of GP's appeal, meaning that his dismissal is wrongful. See you in court."

Assuming that a major part of the reason why the club have gone down the full disciplinary procedure as opposed to just sacking GP and paying him off is the desire to save the costs of settling his contract (presumably largely influenced by FFP, as well as just TB not wanting to part with, allegedly, £2-2.5m), why would they now risk doing something that makes it more likely that they will have to pay him off?

The club need to be careful that they don't lose the race in the final furlong. It would be ridiculous to take the club (and the fans) through the pain of a six week hiatus to save money only to be forced to pay it anyway because they enable GP's lawyers to say the whole thing was a charade and a stitch up from the start.

Having said all that, it does seem likely that the club will appoint OG in the next 24 hours as interim...so, I guess we'll see what the fallout is.

One thing's for sure, imo, if OG does get appointed, it will definitely be temp to perm.

I feel that as long as the club can avoid any proof that they offered Oscar the role before sacking Gus they can offer his whatever terms they like. It's not like Gus is going to win his job back at appeal. All he's fighting for is a payout and to save his reputation. He's been sacked, there's no going back.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Someone has registered @NotOscarGarcia I see, so we can expect many more unfunnies from that.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Óscar García Junyent

I feel that as long as the club can avoid any proof that they offered Oscar the role before sacking Gus they can offer his whatever terms they like. It's not like Gus is going to win his job back at appeal. All he's fighting for is a payout and to save his reputation. He's been sacked, there's no going back.

If I'm confident in anything, it's that the club's legal team will have advised them well, and that they will not do anything that could adversely affect the outcome of any potential legal battle with Gus.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Interesting comments from Maccabi fans

"Group backwater in the second division in England"

"Ha, ha, ha. Much as they loved the dolphins, they ran foaming with love" - my favourite!

"Thank you Oscar"

"Nonsense money covers everything. Money money money money. "

"See? Apparently, not only Israelis greedy assholes ... It's comforting? "

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
From Sport.Es in Spain

NEW PROJECT FOR EXAZULGRANA RSS Planet Barça
Oscar Garcia signing for Brighton
While waiting to fix the dismissal of Gustavo Poyet, the Brighton and Oscar Garcia has realized that his successor at the helm, with whom he signed a two-year contract
Votes (0)
Comments (0)

Oscar directed to Brighton | Photo: Ignasi Paredes

George White | 26/06/2013 | 10:52 h.
Catalan, favorite for the post above reputed names in British football as Martin O'Neill, Harry Redknapp and Glenn Hoddle, will join the 'Seagulls' as 'Head Coach' as not be officially detached from the entity Gustavo Poyet, who last week was sacked by the club after the dispute that pitted the two sides since he was removed from office following the elimination in the play off for promotion to the Premier against Crystal Palace.

The Uruguayan Sunday night announced his intention to appeal the dismissal in order to collect a compensation Anthony Bloom club does not consider himself Poyet pay it because I would have said I wanted to leave the organization.

Once solved the issue remains, Oscar will become the 'General Manager' in an adventure in which, for now, will accompany Ruben Martinez as goalkeeping coach . The team, which returned to work on Monday, will now, however, under the command of Catalan, which at the end of last season left the bench of Maccabi Tel Aviv Israel after him champion ten years after their last league title.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

I agree with all of this. I think it is highly likely the club have nothing to stand on with this. it may be they can settle out of court for less than the reported £2-2.5m but by the time you throw in the legal fees which must be mounting I doubt they will have saved very much from just sacking him six weeks ago and getting Oscar in straight away. It remains to be seen if the delay will adversely effect our season. Hopefully not though, Oscar seems like the perfect appointment.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Someone has registered @NotOscarGarcia I see, so we can expect many more unfunnies from that.

@NotGusPoyet is dead , long live @NotOscarGarcia :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports