Óscar García Junyent - Club CONFIRM appointment as Head Coach (8.10pm, 26 June)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Me and Tony Meola Loan Spell and Muhammed I'm Hard Bruce Lee got that going at Millwall away last season in honour of Bruno. It was very apt when you saw all those Millwall 15 year olds after the game by the scoreboard giving us the big come on.

My memory is of 3 years ago with Sexy Pete in goal at Gillingham. We got Pete Brezovan, you've got a caravan.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Just out of interest, how are 'we' to pronounce Junyent? Is it as simple as it seems or is there some spanish accents we should be using?

Not the Aspinall pronunciation which will likely be Jun-yet.

I suppose it will just be Oscar?

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Re: Óscar García Junyent

Have we had anyone within the club link us to him ? Or is it just a name we like that has built up it's own head of steam ?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Óscar García Junyent

Taking too long if you ask me, they want to announce Poyet is Frank Bough at the same time as good news re Oscar...every hour that goes past says he ain't as keen on us as we are on him

Viva Calderon

Apr 29, 2010
Óscar García Junyent

Oscar Garcia joined Maccabi Tel Aviv as head coach in 2012 from Barcelona FC, where he spent the last two seasons coaching the club’s Youth Team (Juvenil A). A graduate of Barcelona's Youth Academy, Garcia began his senior playing career at Barcelona 'B' before making his senior first team debut at the age of 19. The attacking midfielder left Barcelona in 1999 to join Valencia CF and RCD Espanyol before retiring at the age of 32 in 2005. Garcia also represented the Spanish Youth National Teams at the Under 16 to Under 23 levels between 1989 and 1996, including an appearance at the Olympic Games in Atlanta. In his first and only season at Maccabi he won the Israeli Premier ("Winner") League title but at the end of the season announced his departure from the club.

http://www.maccabi-tlv.co.il/en/player/954

http://dxs4c0lhwg7i7.cloudfront.net...6T691T840/dec_12/MTA__1355669731_IMG_9701.jpg

Sounds a good bet to Me!! Viva! Viva! Viva!

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Hmmm. A gamble indeed. Has less than a year's experience in the Israeli league. Is that a high standard?

I am all for foreign flair but I would like some experience of playing and coaching in this country

Indeed - what do these pesky Spaniards know about football?.......couple of lucky wins in the Euro championships, and some fluky CL's at Barca.
And the Copa del Mundo, whatever that is.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Óscar García Junyent

Ain't coming according to the odds, is drifting like the Kon Tiki, now easy to back at 4/5 compared to 1/3 yesterday

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
..and people still believe that bookies know more than we do...

Anyway, Gus is off to Newcastle.. because the The Sun said........ that's got to be right, hasn't it ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports