Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Óscar García Junyent - Club CONFIRM appointment as Head Coach (8.10pm, 26 June)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The excitement on here for this reminds me of, oh, let me see ...... the last time we appointed a manager.

We can only hope that Oscar is as successful as that appointment then, if he takes us up a division and gets us to fourth in that division he will have done very well indeed.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
to "mama mia"

Oscar Garcia
Here we go again
a foreign hothead
Just like Gus Poyet

Oscar Garcia
But then again
He could be really calm
And not have much to say

Yeeees, we were broken hearted
Onnnn the day Gus departed
but my my
How we love Garcia

-flawless.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Unless Oscar goes on about returning to Barca every week, I think he'll be an improvement on Gus and Chelsea.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
to "mama mia"

Oscar Garcia
Here we go again
a foreign hothead
Just like Gus Poyet

Oscar Garcia
But then again
He could be really calm
And not have much to say

Yeeees, we were broken hearted
Onnnn the day Gus departed
but my my
How we love Garcia

-flawless.

*applauds*

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We can only hope that Oscar is as successful as that appointment then, if he takes us up a division and gets us to fourth in that division he will have done very well indeed.

A little bit more of a challenge at this and the next level than starting at L1 I think you'll find. Given the resources he was provided, Gus met expectations at Championship level. Good, yes, great no.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Enitrely this. People on here need to grow up. If you take on ambitious manager they will constantly be asked these type of questions. That's football.

Absolutely. And I don't think anyone here had a problem with Poyet when he was talking about Chelsea or Spurs but it started to grate a bit when it was Leeds, who were once a much better proposition than us but not anymore.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Absolutely. And I don't think anyone here had a problem with Poyet when he was talking about Chelsea or Spurs but it started to grate a bit when it was Leeds, who were once a much better proposition than us but not anymore.

Surely, Leeds could be understood as well - they may not be what they once were but he has connections there. Reading .... that's a different saucepan of Herrings.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Enitrely this. People on here need to grow up. If you take on ambitious manager they will constantly be asked these type of questions. That's football.

Let's hope our next manager is a little more professional in his dealings with the press. The problem was not the questions asked, it was the moronic unappreciative answers provided. This was and is Gus' achilles heel.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Who's that over from Israel
it's super Oscar
it's super Oscar

[yt]i9iJNp3wZcI[/yt]

Easy to sing, top choon, ticks all the boxes.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This should be exciting, but I don't feel it yet.

Once you realise that Gus is no longer the man to take us forward, perhaps your excitement will grow?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here