Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Óscar García Junyent - Club CONFIRM appointment as Head Coach (8.10pm, 26 June)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This fellow looks a pretty good fit to me if Poyet gets the chop.

Barber man

Feb 20, 2011
I've just listened to Oscar Garcia's video and he uses the "for sure" statement even more than Gus did. For sure!!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
the reason spanish speakers use "for sure" so much is because in native speak they say 'claro' about 18,000 times a day (meaning of course, for sure, we all know, it's certain).

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
This fellow looks a pretty good fit to me if Poyet gets the chop.

If nothing else, he is exactly the kind of candidate you might expect Tony B to uncover ahead of knee-jerk names like Redknapp. I don't know where the market expected his Israeli side to finish last time out, but I bet TB does, and also that they exceeded expectations by quite some way.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
ive seen barry twice in 2 weeks,and had a decent chat both times ,he looks old,but healthy,still doing a spot of talent spotting

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I don't know where the market expected his Israeli side to finish last time out, but I bet TB does, and also that they exceeded expectations by quite some way.

I believe they finished 6th or 7th the season before he took over

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
I believe they finished 6th or 7th the season before he took over

That's a fair guide but not necessarily the whole story. If they spent -relatively - big in the close season, they might have been favourites. The real point I'm making though is that there's no-one on NSC who knows the answer, but TB probably does, or at any rate, employs someone who can tell him.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
tumblr_m0pqe40mBL1ro1wcko1_500.gif

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
the reason spanish speakers use "for sure" so much is because in native speak they say 'claro' about 18,000 times a day (meaning of course, for sure, we all know, it's certain).

like the Italians use prego, the Aussies use ah yeah and far too many stupid English speaking folk use like.....

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
like the Italians use prego, the Aussies use ah yeah and far too many stupid English speaking folk use like.....

They also say 'Look' at the beginning of every sentence. Shane Warne is the worst perpetrator though I have seen many other Aussie sportsmen say 'look' at the beginning of every sentence when interviewed etc.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Re: Óscar García Junyent

Surely Oscar would have met Bruno. At espanyol at the same time, also could have met through the Catalan national set up. Oscar was assistant manager, Bruno played.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
So, to summarise, without having to read through 7 pages, are there any links with this Oscar further than the wishful thinking of a nerd on an obscure website?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
So, to summarise, without having to read through 7 pages, are there any links with this Oscar further than the wishful thinking of a nerd on an obscure website?

So far, 2 spanish journalists, the guardian and Mirror chipping in (without quotes), and Naylor getting a "Brighton have a manager" answer out of him.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Harty on... Oscar Garcia Junyent and the Gus saga

Published on the 21 June
09:00
http://www.worthingherald.co.uk/sport/harty/harty-on-oscar-garcia-junyent-and-the-gus-saga-1-5202775

DEADLINES, the bane of the printed media . . .

Having backed the appointment of either Glenn Hoddle or Alan Curbishley in last week’s column, in less than an hour of filing my copy, I received information from a reliable and credible source that former Maccabi Tel Aviv boss, Oscar Garcia Junyent, was the preferred choice to eventually (more on this later) succeed Gus Poyet in the dug-out at the Amex.

Clearly, this information is popular in a number of quarters as Oscar’s price at the bookies at the time I received the tip was 10-1 with certain firms but, aside from his time in Israel, the ex-Barcelona youth team coach now finds himself the odds-on favourite for the position.

The 40-year-old Spaniard clearly has an impressive CV as both a player and a coach, working with Johan Cryuff for two years prior to his tenure with the youngsters at the Camp Nou.

But, if Oscar is the next man in charge, when will he take up the job?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
When he talks he screws up his face as if someone has done a shit in the room - which could be a handy skill.
In that interview he complains about his players taking too many touches and that not being good for the way he wants to play football... he goes on to talk about how he first got interested in management after watching Graham Taylor's Watford on the telly and admiring the "English" style of play...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Two year after leaving Australia, I still find myself doing this. Annoying
Sussex cricket coach Robbo has started doing it - which is, as an Australian sportsman would say, "a liddle disappoin'ing"...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here