Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Óscar García Junyent - Club CONFIRM appointment as Head Coach (8.10pm, 26 June)

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
It's funny, I can't help but feel "anyone-BUT-English" in terms of next manager. We need someone who will carry on Poyet's style and tweak it.

I agree, in addition, the English player market it inflated to the point of being ridiculous. There is so much better value elsewhere in Europe that having an oversees manager that knows some of the foreign leagues is for me the way forward at the moment.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5730049 said:
I agree, in addition, the English player market it inflated to the point of being ridiculous. There is so much better value elsewhere in Europe that having an oversees manager that knows some of the foreign leagues is for me the way forward at the moment.

I agree entirely with you and @Mellotron

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I typed in Oscar Garcia to google images......

And got this....

Attachments

• oscar_garcia.jpg
    oscar_garcia.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 387

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
The latest to be linked

[tweet]337496162946912256[/tweet]

Was a coach at Barca under Cruyff, then went to Maccabi Tel Aviv, immediately took them to their first league title in a decade then left for personal reasons

Bruno Alemany appears to be the director of a Spanish football show/website (so may have some sources rather than completely unfounded speculation)

You can imagine after all these maybe's being linked that Bloom will pull out something like this for us. Sounds good to me!!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Unlike the majority of names I've seen mentioned there's something about this chap that just feels right.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Seems ideal to me.....Destined for England....to be the next manager of.....Stoke......god I hope not....would be delighted if TB said,"You can go Gus,your replacement has just arrived....byeeee!!"

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
Could be some news possibly in next 48 hours according to this tweet rereceived

@brunoalemany: @amexbha I think we will know more in 48 hours. Oscar is not the only Brighton chance and Brighton not the only Oscar Garcia way...

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Been cut to 5/1 for the job. Probably one bet on the basis of that tweet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here