Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Óscar García Junyent - Club CONFIRM appointment as Head Coach (8.10pm, 26 June)

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
100,000 views on this thread by this time tomorrow?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Perhaps he thinks some Brighton fans are a little starry eyed in their pursuit of a manager with minimal experience, and is able to see beyond the fact that the guy can speak Spanish?

You've got me BANG to rights.

Personally I don't care about his years of experience in the Barcelona set up, the fact that he qualified for the Champions Leage in his first managerial season, or his contacts with Barcelona or Bayern Munich. For me its all about the fact he can speak Spanish.

Oct 25, 2003
You've got me BANG to rights.

Personally I don't care about his years of experience in the Barcelona set up, the fact that he qualified for the Champions Leage in his first managerial season, or his contacts with Barcelona or Bayern Munich. For me its all about the fact he can speak Spanish.

to be fair it actually is for me

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Yes, we'll have to see if your latest football genius manages to outperform the bumpkin who can't speak Spanish that you all find so amusing.

Can't wait for mid/late September when Palace are rock bottom of the Premier League and calling for Holloway's head...again :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, we'll have to see if your latest football genius manages to outperform the bumpkin who can't speak Spanish that you all find so amusing.

Not as amusing as your results are likely to be to us next season

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Oscar García, FC Barcelona’s philosophy to lead Brighton to the Premier League
Posted on June 26, 2013 by noeliadeniz

I have known Oscar García for many years now, I started by admiring him as a football player, a young talent starting to shine in Masia alongside his younger brother, Roger García. He was always dedicated and hardworking, if you add to this that he is a man of principles, honest, who puts his heart in everything he does, you have the perfect mix. Brighton fans should be proud of this great signing.

He knows to perfection the FC Barcelona’s philosophy, not only because he grew up learning and practicing it but because his first “proper” managerial job was with Juvenile A, the first professional team in the scale of FC Barcelona’s football academy, followed by Barça B (2nd Division, equivalent to Championship in England) and the first team.

The importance of his knowledge and experience as a Barça player reflected on his achievements the first season with Juvenile A, winning in 2010/2011 all 3 main titles on dispute for the first time in history: Liga, Copa del Rey and Copa de Campeones.

The following season he was offered to take over as a manager for Maccabi Tel Aviv, in Israel. He departed even though the season had not finished for Juvenile A, due to some issues.

In Israel he put together a competitive team with a style that reminded of Barça, saving the distances. The key I’d say was something that had already worked previously with Juvenile A: he created the right environment to make the team feel like a family, there was a great union among players and between them and Oscar. He knows well how to bring out the best of everyone: makes them feel valued and gives them the encouragement to always try harder. This is always a bonus.

The result: Maccabi Tel Aviv finished last season as Champions, after 10 years of not winning the League, and securing a place in Champions League 2013/2014. This is an achievement that only two other ex-Barcelona’s football players (Pep Guardiola and Tito Vilanova) have accomplished. Maccabi wanted Oscar to continue to work for them but the catalan was quick to announce (in May) and for the benefit of the Israeli club, that he had decided to quick his job.

I had no doubt many teams would knock at his door and Brighton is one exciting project. To me, he is the perfect man to lead the club to the Premier League. Oscar will travel to Brighton tomorrow morning, amidst great expectations; I assure you all that he won’t let anyone down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here