Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar 3 Year Deal (Merged)

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
With this formality out of the way hopefully OG and his team can now completely focus on the job in hand. OG will now be starting to get a pretty good idea about his squad and hopefully identified which areas he wants to strengthen. I too hope this means he can start to bring in 'his' players, rather than David Burke's.

With all this exciting talk of OG playing high tempo flair-istic footie I still think that ideally we need a midfielder who will put his foot in and win the ball, as we cannot do the flair without the ball, plus there are teams in the Championship who rely on out-muscling their opponents and we haven't always coped with that. Bridders cannot do this alone. I'm mindful that back in OG's playing days at Barca they generally had some form of enforcer / hard man with a very mean streak who could mix it if required. A great opportunity for JFC or Crofts to step up to the plate but wonder if they are quite what OG has in mind? It will be interesting to see what he comes up with.

happyseagull

Dec 15, 2008
Loughborough
"I am thinking about Brighton. I don't know what will happen in the future. I want to be the best coach I can be here, because my thinking is only about Brighton" OG
"I want any Premiership job, even Reading although they're going down, I'd love to manage Leeds and had a nice weekend in the lake district so Carlisle would be a goer too" GP

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Anyone managed to watch the video in the email the club just sent ???
I've only managed to watch about 5s in 10mins :(

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I really think that Bloom has made a great choice with OG, roll on the next 2 weeks!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Great interview, I have so much confidence in Oscar.

So when was he nearly a player for us ? ???

Mentioned replacing the '4 or 5' players who have left since last season as well...

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Nice to himself publically committing to his new role at Brighton. Someone else may not have.

Oh I agree entirely, just pondering a possible future somewhere down the line....crazy to think that we're in such a position.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Never knew we approached him as a player in his playing days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here