Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Osborne

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Blimey, is it the spring sunshine or something, but I hope those who feel the need to 'vent' have got it out of their respective systems.
It is quite exhausting reading all this foaming at the mouth venom directed at our glorious politicians.
It is a lovely day, Albion will win and summer is coming!:smile::smile:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Osbourne is a slimeball and way out of his depth but whilst the opposition appear to remain silent it is an easy gimme for the Tories at present.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Osbourne is a slimeball and way out of his depth but whilst the opposition appear to remain silent it is an easy gimme for the Tories at present.

my hope is that they are all out buying pringles by the tube and will sit and watch as the tory party implodes, also hoping that someone will come out of the shadows and lead well......................with Mr Corbyn making all the policies
Toynbee said all Labour have to do is sit on the riverbank and watch the bodies float down.
and hardly a gimme every time they open their mouths they stick their foot in it

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Allowing for time of post and possible level of inebriation I see nuance and tone of a post can sometimes be missed, perhaps i should have used :whistle: instead of[emoji106]?

Saying that it is a strange mindset that views increasing minimum pay by a significant amount as a bad thing. You seem to be saying people currently surviving on £6.70 won't be able to on £7.20, rising to over £9 by 2020.

Nice tirade though sometimes it's good to let it all out.

It's a fair cop on the inebriation point as I'd been out drinking since 2 p.m. and have no recollection of posting that whatsoever. Quite pleased/surprised that it was actually written in English and made more sense than anything looney posts when sober.

Anyway, I completely disagree with Osborne hijacking the "living wage" moniker when all he's actually done it's bump up the minimum wage a bit and called it something different. The living wage was supposed to be an amount which people could actually live off rather than just about survive off while sinking in debt if they want any sort of a life.

This is not the living wage, it's a con. Like everything Osborne does. He's one of the worst chancellors of all time. Just look at the numbers rather than the spin.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
on top of all the other lousy figures and missed targets, the latest one last week was that imports are outstripping exports by quite some way, a dangerous situation to be in. I think its called the countries current account.
Cameron and Osborne are hopeless and well out of their depth.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hate seeing people like Cameron and Osborne wearing spanking new high viz tops and hard hats. Really grates me.

William Hague with a coconut at the Notting Hill carnival is my favourite Tory photo. Who the **** was he trying to kid?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    717.7 KB · Views: 186

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's a fair cop on the inebriation point as I'd been out drinking since 2 p.m. and have no recollection of posting that whatsoever. Quite pleased/surprised that it was actually written in English and made more sense than anything looney posts when sober.

Anyway, I completely disagree with Osborne hijacking the "living wage" moniker when all he's actually done it's bump up the minimum wage a bit and called it something different. The living wage was supposed to be an amount which people could actually live off rather than just about survive off while sinking in debt if they want any sort of a life.

This is not the living wage, it's a con. Like everything Osborne does. He's one of the worst chancellors of all time. Just look at the numbers rather than the spin.

I could definitely smell the fumes rising from the screen.

Moving away from the hyperbole if we do just look at the numbers and view this as the new minimum wage it is a statement of fact that this will be the fastest rise since it was introduced. It is also high by international standards and will be the second highest in Europe by 2020 ... and of course more generous than anything promised by Labour at the last election.

I'm all for giving politicians and governments a kicking when they screw up and the Chancellor certainly has deservedly been given a roasting over recent months but that shouldn't detract from the good elements of policy which this undoubtedly is in my view.

https://next.ft.com/content/2ae61f24-f2a9-11e5-aff5-19b4e253664a

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here