Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orlandi

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I'm still gutted that we didn't keep Orlandi and Dave. They both bought class that we just don't have now. None of our current players can pick a pass and cross like they do. And they both had a good eye for goal. Even half fit Orlandi was brilliant at the end of last season.

Also, losing players like that meant we lost the heart of the team.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You're right, 'according to Orlandi'. I don't think there is any evidence or suggestion anywhere else to support that!

It's a fairly bold statement to make & there's no sign of the club refuting it. It's not the first thing I've heard about that particular doctor.

simballs

Jun 11, 2012
Southwick
From what I know of our Spanish contingent they were pretty well paid. This included residential costs that were part of their package and I know in Dave's case it was massive.

However for me whenever Orlandi played we looked a better side. He could unlock a defence better than anyone here currently. It's a shame about his fitness last season but I think he would have made a real difference for us this season.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
According to Orlandi, in his blog, it was a mistake by our old doctor, that caused him to lose 3 months playing time.

Was that Helge Riepenhoff (or however you spell his name)? If so, it was surely hardly a coincidence that the toll of injuries was worst during his time here (correct me if I'm wrong - I tend not to follow much of the background stuff. I couldn't tell you who our physios have been since Malcolm Stuart left, apart from Paul Watson). Orlandi certainly looked a shadow of himself compared with 2012-2013 in his few appearances for Oscar.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
In a fully-fit squad he'd be lucky to get on our bench. Not better than Lua Lua or Teixeira, probably not better than March either and not as decent as Stephens or Crofts if they'd been fit. 2 goals in 17 apps + 4 subs is nothing special.

Yeah, right o mate.........lol

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
We'd have to ask that twit David Burke. Remember Oscar recommended he be offered a new deal, Burke released him. Another fine decision that has left us weaker.

If I remember it was Jones and Burke who decided together , I think it was really down to Jones

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah, right o mate.........lol

He used to be good and occasionally fit. Now his form and fitness have deteriorated. These are facts. Take off the rise-tinted glasses.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sorry mate, crofts better than Orlandi..........:wrong::lolol:

Which Orlandi are you talking about - the one that was good 2 years ago or the one that's done nothing since then? Had Crofts not got injured at the start of this season I'm convinced he would have started most of our matches and we'd be higher in the table. If we'd had Orlandi I don't think we'd be any better off.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Was that Helge Riepenhoff (or however you spell his name)? If so, it was surely hardly a coincidence that the toll of injuries was worst during his time here (correct me if I'm wrong - I tend not to follow much of the background stuff. I couldn't tell you who our physios have been since Malcolm Stuart left, apart from Paul Watson). Orlandi certainly looked a shadow of himself compared with 2012-2013 in his few appearances for Oscar.

That's the one.
I'd have Orlandi back in the team. I know the Blackpool fans think he is the one bright spot in a very dark season for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here