Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orlandi

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I find Orlandi a bit frustrating as he's obviously got class but so often fails to deliver.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
I'm still pretty nonchalant about the whole playoff affair. This is all a bonus.

The thing that grinds my gears is that Orlandi has effectively replaced March in the starting lineup and has done the sum of f@ck all to prove he warrants the starting berth. March is on form, fit and raring to go. So why is Orlandi, out of form and unfit starting instead? He also has that irritating lackadaisical aura about him; offering very little defensively and trying to be too clever offensively and giving the ball away cheaply. These are the things that Harley received a battering for on NSC, why is Orlandi immune?

As for JFC, I like him. My comments about his anonymity were tongue in cheek. He wasn't great today simply because he made no impression on the game, which is understandable. He is only 19, he won't be bossing midfield like some people seem to expect him to until he has the experience under his belt to do it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Orlandi is the only player in midfield we have who has the ability to make a killer ball in my view and worth having him on the pitch even if not 100% match fit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is plain stupidity to expect Orlandi to come back from injury and suddenly be bang on form. It is also stupid to expect a 19 year old to be able to turn it on every game. The problem is we have little other options due to injuries.

Will Hoskins is fit and raring to go but can't get on the bench.

Aug 4, 2011
Very poor tonight don't rate him. Soon as solly came on lifted the team up and he put in good performance . Orlandi did nothing for me tonight. But like above give the ball away and times when attacking and all we needed was a good ball and not one decent ball came.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
JFC & Orlandi are the weak links. Real shame Orlandi can't seem to recapture his form, same as Spanish Dave. Ince in for the second leg.

Worst game I have seen JFC play. Orlandi didn't look fit and bottled most tackles. Come to think of it so did all our midfield. Why start with two clearly unfit players in Buckley and Orlandi. The game changed in the game against Forest when we replaced these two and we got back into the game tonight when March, Lua Lua and CMS came on. Got to start with two of these three at Derby. As it is a one off game we have to win I would start with March, CMS, Ince in midfield and hope that Stephens is fit. Lua lua to come on with 30 minutes to go. Tonight showed just how much we miss Crofts in midfield. Having said all of that Derby didn't create a lot and relied on wonder saves by their keeper. If our midfield had performed we could have won at a canter. We carried two or three players tonight that did not perform.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought Orlandi played some nice balls in but ran out of steam. Take your choice of Ince or JFC neither are good enough. If not Orlandi I would start Lopez to provide the balls forward.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
He wasn't great I'd agree, but you're forgetting Keith Andrews as the worst, who finally achieved what appears to be his life goal, the double of 0% pass completion and 0% tackles won rate. Utter, utter toilet. Get Ince back in, at least he adds some physicality.

Andrews looked the best of the midfield three until March came on

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I thought Orlandi was the best of our central 3 by some distance, he is light years ahead of the rest is the problem.

100% agree - we need at least ONE creative midfielder, and Orlandi just oozes class. Unfortunately he IS light-weight, but then so was Vicente. You need the players around him to man up, and if they do, Orlandi has a valuable role to play.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Watching last night, I started to think that Orlandi had been to the LL school of crossing as nearly all his corners and free-kicks were dire to be kind. OG had gone on record as saying that Orlandi was the key to unlock the Derby defence, well on last night's showing they must have changed the lock because we had numerous chances to put the ball into the danger area but the service was very poor and this opened us up to the counter with Greer and Upson up for the corners. If players are clearly not fit, Orlandi and Buckley, why are we playing them it's clear they are both way off the pace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here