Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orlandi triggers release clause from Blackpool?!!

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Or maybe we should stop looking at ex players and move on. We also lack speed in the team so Orlandi is hardly the answer.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Whether it's true or not, it has to be the way to go.

- Sign one 'name' striker. (assuming we are only left with Baldock).
- Trawl mainland Europe for 3 or 4 'lesser' young goal scorers.
- Offer them a 2 year contract along the lines of:-

(Don't study the maths just admire the principle)

- £500 a week. (club provides accommodation for 6 months).
- £250 per appearance.
- £250 per win, regardless.
- £500 per goal (or assist dependant on position)
- £1000 per game winning goal.
- £5000 for each tenth goal.
- £25,000 for division TGS.

And here's the biggie:-

- £30,000 a week if promoted, with a further year contract extension.

Worst case scenario the club has a cheap dud to loan to Crawley.

Alternatively the club has a player or 2 who actually wants to play for the club.

So, you are only guaranteeing them £750 per week. The rest is conditional. They might get another £250 if the team win but the rest depends on them getting in the team and then score. Thanks, but I'll put my trust in the Albion recruitment staff because I think the best you could get for that money is a county league dud. Out of interest, if not in the first team, where are they going to afford to rent once the club stop stumping up. If I was a young goalscorer somewhere in Europe I would be very disappointed if that offer was the best my agent could come up with.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or maybe we should stop looking at ex players and move on. We also lack speed in the team so Orlandi is hardly the answer.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds all this introspective naval gazing ridiculous.

There should be only one player we fans want to return, and that Leo.

The one player who will NEVER return, because HE is Premier League.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So, you are only guaranteeing them £750 per week. The rest is conditional. They might get another £250 if the team win but the rest depends on them getting in the team and then score. Thanks, but I'll put my trust in the Albion recruitment staff because I think the best you could get for that money is a county league dud. Out of interest, if not in the first team, where are they going to afford to rent once the club stop stumping up. If I was a young goalscorer somewhere in Europe I would be very disappointed if that offer was the best my agent could come up with.
As said, not the maths but the principle.

As, say a 22, who hasn't received any serious interest from the big 4 leagues, what have they got to lose?

Shirley any contract Kemy wouldn't sign is a good thing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could you please provide evidence of this?

That is impossible to do short of getting hold off a players wage slip but the common thoughts and gossips between scouts is that it was £150 per week retainer plus £1000 appearance money plus £1000 per point obtained plus £1000 per goal scored. So a 2-0 win would earn the players £6150 for the week. This is an old form of payment as Charlton adopted it when Mark Hulyer was chairman.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
That is impossible to do short of getting hold off a players wage slip but the common thoughts and gossips between scouts is that it was £150 per week retainer plus £1000 appearance money plus £1000 per point obtained plus £1000 per goal scored. So a 2-0 win would earn the players £6150 for the week. This is an old form of payment as Charlton adopted it when Mark Hulyer was chairman.

What's that?

TangerineArmy

Jan 29, 2015
Unfortunately this is oyston all over and he will make it as difficult for Orlandi as possible, unless some offer is made and then he will snap hands off.

U only have to look at him activating rangers clause to extend his contract (he has been awol since Dec) for next season to show how stubborn he is.

As for Orlandi, him and o'hara were easily our best players but that doesn't say much. He is a top guy, still has got championship standards but not sure if he should go back to u guys, i would say go to a club that came up.

All the best #oystonout

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Still can't believe we released Orlandi last season and signed McCourt, after last summer it's no wonder we nearly got relegated.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Blackpool signed Orlandi and did get relegated.

Harsh. I've seen Blackpool fans say he was the only bright spot in their entire season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Harsh. I've seen Blackpool fans say he was the only bright spot in their entire season.

I'm sure he was. Tough season for them. In the end they offered him a new contract and he's playing in L1 next year. Good for him showing loyalty to that club/fans.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Have Blackpool dropped their challenge against his activation of the release clause?

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
I'm sure he was. Tough season for them. In the end they offered him a new contract and he's playing in L1 next year. Good for him showing loyalty to that club/fans.

He isn't playing in L1 as he's got a relegation clause as per the thread title.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He isn't playing in L1 as he's got a relegation clause as per the thread title.

When this thread started there were reports that he was going to do that.
A few days later he confirmed otherwise and Blackpool extended his contract by a year...
http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/article/orlandi-contract-extended-2399304.aspx
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/s...-to-stay-but-wants-things-to-change-1-7210374
(in this article he confirms he likes being at Blackpool even though he'll be playing in L1 although says, understandably, he wants things to change)

Of course things change in football so who knows especially when it comes to Blackpool.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
When this thread started there were reports that he was going to do that.
A few days later he confirmed otherwise and Blackpool extended his contract by a year...
http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/article/orlandi-contract-extended-2399304.aspx
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/s...-to-stay-but-wants-things-to-change-1-7210374
(in this article he confirms he likes being at Blackpool even though he'll be playing in L1 although says, understandably, he wants things to change)

Of course things change in football so who knows especially when it comes to Blackpool.

The articles you've linked are dated in April when Blackpool triggered his extension clause, but the season hadn't finished then.

In May he realised that he'd made enough appearances, played enough minutes to trigger his release clause. Blackpool tried to say that extra time didn't count, but as far as I know, Orlandi has got out. There does seem to be some dispute about it, and the Oystons are fond of legal battles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here