Orlandi ruled out for six weeks

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
hi everyone from the argus website

Albion midfielder Andrea Orlandi has been ruled out for up to six weeks by a broken rib.

The extent of the damage suffered by the Spaniard during Saturday’s 3-0 defeat at Crystal Palace has now been confirmed.

It is a major setback for the Seagulls. They have plenty of midfielders to choose from but Orlandi has become increasingly influential since signing from Swansea at the end of the transfer window, including scoring his first goal in the home victory against Bristol City last week.

Boss Gus Poyet told The Argus: “He has got a broken rib and he is going to be out for a while. It is going to be four to six weeks, depending on the healing process for Andrea.

“He didn’t play a lot at Swansea, so we have tried to keep an eye on him because of the football he has missed in the past.

“Everything we have done until now is going to be gone. In a month-and-a-half we will have to start from zero with him, so it is very unfortunate and then, of course, there’s his quality as well.

“He has been getting more influential in the team and also with set plays, so it’s a blow but that is why the squad is there, to make sure we don’t miss him too much.”
Fellow Spaniard Bruno has also been troubled by a rib problem but the damage is less serious and Poyet expects to have the right-back available for Saturday's trip to Charlton.

Poyet also remains hopeful about the prospects of Wayne Bridge (calf) and Adam El-Abd (hamstring) returning against Charlton to ease a defensive crisis. Marcos Painter (calf) is already ruled out and Lewis Dunk is banned for one game for his early red card at Palace.

Poyet said: "I really hope they (Bridge and El-Abd) are going to be allright. At least one of them, I'd take that right now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was so innocuous as well, he just seemed to twist as he landed. There was a visible lump poking out of his midriff when he was recieving treatment on the pitch.

Sickener. He's been the real deal these last few weeks.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Its a blow as he was really starting to look good.

PLay Dobbie in there, give him a run in the side and he will also improve greatly for getting the matches

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Gutted he really will be missed, but hopefully KLL will be back in the team? i hope bruno will make it for saturday, or is gus bluffing again...

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
PLay Dobbie in there

This. When he was helping Swansea go up I believe he played as the attacking member of a midfield trio on a number of occasions

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I'd like to see Lopez given a run of games. Excellent pedigree and not really been given the minutes to impress yet

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
That is bad news. Time for Dobbie to start performing in the same role.

D

Deleted member 22389

This is bad news. Gus now needs to give games to Lopez, Dobbie, Hoskins and Lua Lua
I can't blame Barnes work-rate, but I would like to see something different on Saturday. CMS & Hoskins, Dobbie & Hoskins. Seems like a waste of money keeping Dobbie on the bench.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I hope Lopez gets a run of games, I was excited by his singing but we've barely seen him play yet.

Shame about Orlandi he started to look like the real deal recently.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Glad Im not going. Probably have a stormer now as itll be the ONLY game I havent seem him play.

I dunno. Maybe some time on the naughty step has done him good.

I'd love to see him come in and tear around their half of the pitch, getting stuck right in, spraying hollywood balls out wide to Buckley before slamming a Becksesque 35-yard free kick in off the stanchion. Then ripping off his shirt to reveal a gorgeously hirsute ginger chest.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Were cursed I tell ee.

Wasn't there talk about some Palace twat burying gypsy magic under the foundations at Falmer?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems EVERY injury results in at least 5 weeks out at this club :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports