Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orlandi out for 2 months

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
No real surprise, Orlandi is always picking up knocks. Would be more of a surprise if he strung ten games on the trot together. Must be a Spanish thing, apart from Calderon & Lopez they all seem very fragile at best.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Nightmare. Top player who has already been badly missed. If you'll excuse me, I think I'll go and have a little cry.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Bridcutt, Orlandi, Bruno, CMS, we need them all back to even have a chance of getting a okay off spot. I am feeling very negative this season.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
When the club said they were going to be investing in the Loan market..... I assume they must have used the wrong loan sharks who have promptly come round and knee capped most of our squad....

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Disaster, he looked so good when he come on against Millwall and gave the entire team a boost.

Miserable injury list for this point in the season.

100% THIS. Just as I was starting to get a good vibe about our midfield.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
exactly!

Dave has been below is best so far this season, let's hope he's spent the international break well.

I'm trying to think of one good game he's had since he came back.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dreadful news, this will be a massive loss

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We are not in the same trouble as Husty rightly says re Ulloa.

Orlandi out - bad.

Hardly featured this season:-
Bridcutt
Andrews
KLL
Forster Caskey
Barnes

adding to a midfield of Buckley, Spanish, Kemy, Rohan, and the one I always forget.

Sure Oscar is missing an important player, he might not even be able to play his favoured formation, but it's not like he doesn't have any cloth to cut accordingly.

There it is, a trusty Stat Brother post.

Looking at the players you've listed

Buckley - Massively off the pace
Kemy - Still appears to be unfit
Spanish Dave - Woeful
KLL- Carrying an injury.
Barnes - When is he back from his injury?

It's not the end of the world but our attacking options are limited.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Blimey the way some people have gone on you would have thought someone had died.....no doubt he was a game changer against Millwall....but then we won the previous 2 without him...hopefully the other injured lot are on there way to fitness (obviously not CMS/HOSKINS)....otherwise the bench will start looking like the development squad

simballs

Jun 11, 2012
Southwick
It's a big loss but we have won games and played quite well without him already this season. Need to get someone in for sure but I think it'll be a struggle in the loan market to replace his ability. But you never know.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know you love to put a positive spin all things Albion, but we absolutely DO NOT have enough cover. 1 striker and 2 wingers plus a kid who's never started a league game is not sufficient cover for our attacking positions.
Forgive me for listing the 9 players currently available to be in and around Orlandi's position.
There it is, a trusty Stat Brother post.

Looking at the players you've listed

Buckley - Massively off the pace - So that's the end of his career.
Kemy - Still appears to be unfit - and refusing to get any fitter.
Spanish Dave - Woeful - yep no point playing him ever again.
KLL- Carrying an injury. - fit enough to earn us a point last time out.
Barnes - When is he back from his injury? - I don't know, who's to say he's not ready for Sunday.

It's not the end of the world but our attacking options are limited.
One player, who is excellent but has hardly featured this season, being missing for a dozen games doesn't limit our attacking options.

It changes the dynamic of our set up, it asks questions of other players in the SQUAD, it doesn't leave us with 3 players plus Ulloa.
Save your bedwetting for that injury, cos we'll all be twisting our knickers then.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Forgive me for listing the 9 players currently available to be in and around Orlandi's position.

Orlandi is one of the few true attacking players in our squad, Agustien, Bridcutt, Ince, Crofts certainly are not. As we know Barnes and Lua Lua are carrying injuries and Buckley and Lopez have been awful. CMS and Hoskins are perma-crocks. Andrews has looked promising. You really are clutching at straws if you think our squad isn't stretched and thread bare. We've all been hugely excited by the potential return of Orlandi because
A- he looked brilliant against Millwall
B- everyone else who plays in his position (attacking, not midfield cloggers) has been crap or is injured

with that in mind I'd say yes we are lacking cover in his position.

Predictably you seem to be pretty much the only person who doesn't see this a huge blow.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Orlandi is one of the few true attacking players in our squad, Agustien, Bridcutt, Ince, Crofts certainly are not. As we know Barnes and Lua Lua are carrying injuries and Buckley and Lopez have been awful. CMS and Hoskins are perma-crocks. Andrews has looked promising. You really are clutching at straws if you think our squad isn't stretched and thread bare. I

Crofts - there's always one!! That's now 10 players.

The squad is stretched in the striker position, which is why the club have said one is coming in.
We are light on wingers but have managed with playing just one for two seasons, with March on the bench, we can scrape 3.

We might not be able to play expansive football with Crofts, Kemy, Andrews, Bridcutt, JFC, Buckley, Dave, KLL, Ince and Barnes, but we certainly are not thread bare.

It's up to Oscar to make it work, and I'm blooming well sure he can.

CMS and Hoskins aren't in the debate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here