Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orlandi - left footed Beckham?

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Does anyone else think that Orlandi runs and plays like a left footed David Beckham?

You're not alone, I said this the other week to mates. His movement, poise etc, is very similar.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
he is proving to be an excellent acquisition. Already has scored more goals than he did in his entire swansea career, must be loving his time here!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Yes, he has that sort of bandy-legged posture. Similar crossing style as well.

he is proving to be an excellent acquisition. Already has scored more goals than he did in his entire swansea career, must be loving his time here!
Indeed, we're reaping the reward where Swansea never quite managed to over a long period - mostly down to niggly injuries, being in and out of the side etc.. *touch wood on that front*

Still find it staggering that they managed to sign a player of his quality whilst in League One, though.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Yes, he has that sort of bandy-legged posture. Similar crossing style as well.

Indeed, we're reaping the reward where Swansea never quite managed to over a long period - mostly down to niggly injuries, being in and out of the side etc.. *touch wood on that front*

Still find it staggering that they managed to sign a player of his quality whilst in League One, though.

Imagine what kind of dirty, gruesome things he would do in matches in League One today?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fast becoming my favourite of the current crop
I wish I could have your certainly.

Orlandi, more favoured than Tommy K, who's preferred to Spanish Dave, surely not over Calde though, in a team built around Bridcutt, but wait there's AEA with his Brighton heart on his sleeve all in the same Brighton team with Vicente on the bench. :lol:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
On another note:

Zaha- 33 appearances, 6 assists and 5 goals this season.

Orlandi- 24 appearances, 8 assists and 4 goals this season.

I know Orlandi is obviously a lot older, but how the hell can a player with a return like that be worth £15 million?! It can't just be me that doesn't get it?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here