Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orlandi Gone!

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Viva Karanka ‏@Boroboysouth15 20h
Heard we had a scout at the Brighton game yesterday watching Andrea Orlandi who's contracts up this summer! Would you like him?

Another rumour ?

For the record, I haven't started this thread. But I have heard this from the same person who reliably told me about El-Abd's departure prior to me starting that thread.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Unfortunately it seems we don't have the budget to pay wages for players that spend a lot of time injured. Wouldn't be surprised if Buckley was next, free up some wages and possibly funds for the new manager

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
This is a blow - Orlandi was one of only a very small number of our players getting full marks in the "Back to school" section of the programme. Where can we find a replacement whose favourite food is parmesan risotto? Can anyone report ever having had a risotto NOT made with parmesan? Not counting vegetarian options such as our very own "Twineham Grange", obviously. I'm rattled.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Unfortunately it seems we don't have the budget to pay wages for players that spend a lot of time injured. Wouldn't be surprised if Buckley was next, free up some wages and possibly funds for the new manager

that being the case.....bye bye Bruno

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
We need talented quality flair midfield players, but they need to be fit and be able to play a whole season. Hope the team are already looking at replacements.

Will miss Orlandi as on his day he is quality and can produce a killer pass or goal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm struggling to believe that any scout who was at the Derby game to watch Andrea, came away recommending that his bosses sign him.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Buckley is under contract... so won't just be going.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Injury prone but undoubted ability. Will leave us needing to recruit the creative midfield player. March is capable but young and inconsistent and Agustien, well the least said.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm struggling to believe that any scout who was at the Derby game to watch Andrea, came away recommending that his bosses sign him.

I thought the same when I read it :lolol:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I suspect we may be left with the one and only original 'latino',... namely Calde...... the rest will move on.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Possibly my favorite player at the moment.

However I am reaching a point with players like Orlandi, Kaz and Buckley where i am totally fed up with knowing they will never be fully fit, and all 3, i have no doubt are on very good money.
We simply cannot afford to carry these players anymore, I understand players get injuries but for these guys its never ending.

Its so important now that we get players that are available for selection- most of the time.

Its fair to say we knew all 3 were injury prone when we signed them

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
As much as I like him and his occasional moments of brilliance, which have been very occasional this season, im not that concerned about him leaving. If we are to seriously challenge for promotion then we need more consistent performers. That goes for a lot of the current squad.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
not surprised if he is the first to leave, 'procrastination is the thief of time'.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I suspect we may be left with the one and only original 'latino',... namely Calde...... the rest will move on.

yep this close season, i reckon its going to be more revolution than evolution....... Blooms Broom sweeps clean

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here