Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orlandi appreciation thread

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Seriously while everyone gloats about Viva La Vicente. I just want to put my hands together for Orlandi. Honestly can't see the squad without him now. Gets better every game and has fit like a glove (Best buy from Swansea. No pun ;)). Class act and Spanish Dave is too. That I'll keep for another thread though lol :albion2:

Agree?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Very very good player

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Lacked composure in front of goal again yesterday, otherwise excellent!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Love him,if stays fit,proof that "pace" out wide is not everything,just wish he could put away sitters more,other than that,class.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Picked him out as our main man a while ago on another thread.

He will be key to us over the next few seasons. We have to keep hold of him if possible. He could become a legend in the stripes IMO!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Was he the one who dived into their penalty area looking for a penalty?

Shocking.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As stated before, sexiest player ever to don the stripes, almost a perfect 10, and that's up against some stiff competition in Gary Stevens, Michael Robinson, Gary Chivers, Robert Codner and Vicente, to name but five Albion 'lookers'

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Seriously while everyone gloats about Viva La Vicente. I just want to put my hands together for Orlandi. Honestly can't see the squad without him now. Gets better every game and has fit like a glove (Best buy from Swansea. No pun ;)). Class act and Spanish Dave is too. That I'll keep for another thread though lol :albion2:

Agree?

Was not initially impressed with his work rate but I thought he fought hard and looked for the through ball well yesterday, yes he is improving, but needs to work on his shooting from inside the area, yesterdays miss was dreadful. As for Spanish Dave, the best buy we have made. When he and Vicente stood behind that ball at the point of the scoring goal, I thought how many options do we have here. Viva Orlandi and Lopez!!

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Big appreciation for putting his body into the collision near the end. Floored the other guy and stayed standing for a bit. He is not quite as good as Vicente but much more consistent and less injury prone. We are getting great value from him.

Sep 27, 2011
Bodmin, Cornwall
Brilliant last night! Yes he missed his chance but his goal scoring record of late and the fact he was in the position is promising.

One of the first names on the team sheet if you ask me

Ulloa

Banned
Feb 3, 2013
I loved the clip they showed of the Spanish players eating out in the laines minus Vicente and Orlandi came across such a great bloke. Ulloa seemed at home and settled well with his counterparts.

Been trying to find the clip online but no such luck.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
terrible dive and one of the worst misses i have seen at the amex - generally good player but thought he had one of his worst games yesterday so strange to see the appreciation thread.....

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He is absolutey top dollar. Very unlucky to have been unused by Swansea. Brilliant bit of business to flog Noone for £1million and sign him instead.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Brilliant last night! Yes he missed his chance but his goal scoring record of late and the fact he was in the position is promising.

One of the first names on the team sheet if you ask me

I think he pretty much picks himself. Should have been invovled against Arsenal imho!

Was a pretty bad miss. But his scoring record for us is far superior than it was for Swansea :bigwave:
Scored 4 in 21 for us, and for Swansea was 3 in 87 ???

Andrea Orlandi Wikipedia Page

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Brilliant bit of business to flog Noone for £1million and sign him instead.

Reinforced by the fact that Noone has dropped out of the Cardiff first team and hasn't even got off the bench in their last couple of games. Maybe Gus does know what he's doing after all.
:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here