Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orlandi and Agustien to resume training tomorrow, Bridcutt close...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sounds promising, but wouldn't a fitness test usually be done at training?

I'm not too sure tbh. I think they sometimes leave it really late - I've seen them on pitch before game in warm up before.. In this situation it doesn't really add up as the club haven't said he's back training. Fwiw my mate said he looked sharp...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's great news in the offing. That's 2 of our midfield redesigned and sorted. I wonder if we dare play Orlandi just behind a front man and we still have two attacking midfielders out wide to swap with him when they feel like shaking it up. Bridders and Andrews our defensive two. Could be smart and slick and goalful.
That's definitely something Oscar wants to do.
It's a shame Buckley isn't/wasn't up to it.

I've been convincing myself it's the position he's treading water with until CMS is fit.

From then on I'll have 5 (hopefully) months in my Team CMS onesie.
If he can't perform surrounded by the likes of Ulloa, Will, KLL, Orlandi, SD, in an attacking fast tempo team, I'll official quit as Team President.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Orlandi is such a key player for us creatively. Would like to see him in a similar role to Forestieri.

Couldn't agree more, Walt. I think we've really missed him. It was such a blow when he got injured. He'd been scoring goals and setting them up. I'll be so pleased when he's back.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Yep, let Orlandi have a go just behind the front man. Last night it was so obvious that we lack a player sitting in there with the guile, vision (and talent) to create 1-2s, killer passes or shots. He knows where the goal is. The sort of thing Vicente did when on form.

We would look so much more solid with Bridders and Andrews sitting a bit deeper behind Orlandi.

Question: where should Crofts fit into that formation?

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
What he said!

Can't get him back soon enough. He makes the difference to our whole game.....!
Worrying that one player can do that!

the great thing about his game is that he gives attack-minded players the extra confidence to go and their stuff. they know that if what they are trying fails, then there is a fair chance liam will be there to tidy up.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Orlandi has been injury prone since we signed him which is how we got him so if we get any more than 50% of matches from him we'll be lucky

He made 35 league appearances last season, that's not bad considering he wasn't with us right at the start of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here