Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oriental Village - WTF ?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Which brings me to the next question, i have to book a table for 35(ish) for a family meal in a couple of months and we've used Oriental Village in the past as a lot of the family live in Portslade. Someone told me there is a new place in Portland Road, Dannys that does similar - anyone tried it ?

I think I am right in saying that it is owned by the same family that runs China Hins in New Church Road. Its ok there but nothing special.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Apparently "Dannys" is the place to go nowadays. It's by the old bingo hall on Portland Road just by Fatboys Mums house..

Yep, Danny's is very good. Far better than Jade which was my go to AYCE Chinese.

Even when it's packed the food seems to arrive quickly. And their ribs....fan-bloody-tactic.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Danny's is very good, make sure you book it early though because with 35 you will take most of the restaurant up and thats even now he has extended the place!

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I have to agree since it's changed hands it has gone drastically down hill! Was in there recently and they couldn't wait to get us out. Rushing us constantly. And my friend said he was in there at half past 8 one night and as they were only people there. They were told that the kitchen will be closing and have to leave!

Go to Thai elephant in Peacehaven instead.

Jozza

Aug 8, 2011
I was in there last night as well and have to say the service was excellent. Where were you seating? We were sitting at the back, 3 adults and a baby didnt have to wait longer than 5mins for food, quick refills on drinks and complimentary spirit at the end. All in all a good night!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Agree Danny's is excellent. Not sure if he could accommodate 35 though. He is very obliging though and worth checking out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here