Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orient to take 4,500 to Oxford on Saturday!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
jonny.rainbow said:
Although Firroz Kassam was more interested in the profit he could make from the Manor Ground site (Expensive housing/private hospital) than he was moving the club forward. As has been proven by an incomplete ground and him walking this season with the club thick in the myre.

Well all I can say is the Oxford fans I know aint exactly over the moon about the way they're club has been run for a while.

Seems to be a common theme these days.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
bhaexpress said:
WOuld have been more if we'd have had more tickets. Try 16,000 to Newcastle in 1979.

But good luck to Orient anyway, would like to see them come up especially at the expense of Grimsby.

There is no way we took that many to the game.Our end was full with a few in the side stand but the gallowgate end was full for them and they had the sides.gate was 28k I think

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
H block said:
There is no way we took that many to the game.Our end was full with a few in the side stand but the gallowgate end was full for them and they had the sides.gate was 28k I think

Well that's the figure I was told.

Last edited:

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
bhaexpress said:
WOuld have been more if we'd have had more tickets. Try 16,000 to Newcastle in 1979.

But good luck to Orient anyway, would like to see them come up especially at the expense of Grimsby.

As the years roll by our following at Newcastle keeps on increasing. I'd say it was 7,000-8,000 tops. No way were there more than 10,000, let alone 16,000.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
East Staffs Gull said:
As the years roll by our following at Newcastle keeps on increasing. I'd say it was 7,000-8,000 tops. No way were there more than 10,000, let alone 16,000.

It was 9000............

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Withdean Wanderer said:
On a similar theme, reading Saturdays programme it shows that Palace was our best away attendance (about 3700), closely followed by Saints.

Okay, but we would have sold out the whole away end at Southampton if we had been given the opportunity.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Hiney said:
I hope TORQUAY survive

They are the league club nearest to where I was born and I've always had a bit of a soft spot for them

:clap2:

Itlooks as though they are safe now.

I, too, have a soft spot for them. A classic little football club.

One game I will never forget, was the 1-0 reverse at Withers, when Big Nev rolled back the years and kept us at bay.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Torquay is my girlfirend's team, and we'll be praying for them on Saturday.

A few weeks back their situation was identical to ours: needing to win at least 4 of their last 5 games to give themselves a shout of staying up.

We failed, totally. Torquay have done it - 4 wins on the trot, including away at the champions Carlisle, means they have every chance of pulling it off on Saturday.

Bloody excellent.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
East Staffs Gull said:
I always thought the accepted estimate was 5,000... (presumably due to that being the maximum possible)

re. Borient's 4,000... assuming supply of tickets we would take around double that to a promotion game 60 miles away...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here