Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ordinary/very average players who have scored huge goals

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
22 posts and nobody has yet mentioned Ali J's overhead kick.....

Good. There is yet hope for a full flowering of the talent.

Surprised though. Perhaps the haters are not yet home from work....???

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
In this thread people have posted Robson-Kanu, Lawrie Sanchez and Cameron Jerome. All better than Leon Knight .... they scored top flight goals. He never came anywhere near that.

But I thank him for sending us up :smile:

Well yeah, but if he'd wanted it, and wasn't runner up in the ego department to Gus Poyet, he could well have reached the Premier League.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Jimmy Glass, on loan from Swindon, never able to get a game anywhere:

[yt]KejwqhLDeOs[/yt]

Great stuff that. My only reservation is why folk are so dumb as to think that having 30 people jump on top of someone is a intelligent think to do. I hate pitch invasions (except where people act sensibly and run around like deranged monkeys rather than suffocating the players, like I allegedly did at the AMEX *all lies*)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Jean-Philippe Mateta :cry:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Swansea flop Eder got the winning goal for Portugal in the Euro 2016 final. Crap goal scoring record for a striker throughout his career.

this is one that immediately sprung to mind. In an absolute bollocks final with tonnes of elite level talent on the pitch it was a Swansea flop who got the only goal of the game

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
[yt]Z7SCJM2E61c[/yt]

That finish, take a look at it. RR runs onto the ball on a bobbly pitch, sets himself, looks at where the keeper is and calmly slots it in the corner. There is a certain centre forward for the Albion who has played all season who might want to watch that finish to learn how to do it. No smacking it as hard as he can with his head down and then being amazed that he hasn't scored. Nope RR was not the best but for that one moment, he was as good as anyone. Where is he now? Maybe he could give lessons down at Lancing.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
That finish, take a look at it. RR runs onto the ball on a bobbly pitch, sets himself, looks at where the keeper is and calmly slots it in the corner. There is a certain centre forward for the Albion who has played all season who might want to watch that finish to learn how to do it. No smacking it as hard as he can with his head down and then being amazed that he hasn't scored. Nope RR was not the best but for that one moment, he was as good as anyone. Where is he now? Maybe he could give lessons down at Lancing.

Hmm - have you read his own account of it? “It was on my left foot and I was not thinking anything other than ‘just hit it!’” he recalls."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here