Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Opposition red cards in the PL

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Seeing James get a red last night was a bit of a shock - it doesn't seem to happen too often at the Amex. Since we got promoted I can only recall three opposition red cards: Ndidi, Madison and that Man City LB (Cancelo?). It seems rather low, am I missing one or two? We've had at least six home sending offs in that time, so I suspect there are definitely some I've forgotten.

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Seeing James get a red last night was a bit of a shock - it doesn't seem to happen too often. Since we got promoted I can only recall three opposition red cards: Ndidi, Madison and that Man City LB (Cancelo?). It seems rather low, am I missing one or two? We've had at least six home sending offs in that time, so I suspect there are definitely some I've forgotten.
Semedo for Wolves for bringing down Mitoma as last man was one

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Semedo for Wolves for bringing down Mitoma as last man was one
Wasn't that at Molineux? Wolves had a player sent off there this season too.

We've had a quite a few more at opposition grounds but I was thinking specifially about the Amex

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
James became the 5th player sent off against us this season. In total we’ve had 13 red cards given to opposition players since we’ve been in the PL. We’ve had 17 reds shown to us, Lewis Dunk has had 5 of them.

List of red cards against us in the PL

17-18
Britos (Watford a)
Ndidi (Leicester h)

18-19
Maddison (Leicester h)
Mounie (Huddersfield a)

19-20
Becker (Liverpool a)

20-21
Lundstrum (Sheff Utd h)
Cancelo (Man City h)

21-22
None

22-23
Semedo (Wolves a)

23-24
Nunes (Wolves a)
Akanji (Man City a)
Gallagher (Chelsea a)
Holgate (Sheff Utd a)
James (Chelsea h)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Thanks Joey, that's comprehensive - I'd forgotten Lundstrum but that was a game I didn't attend so it was reasonable not to remember.

We're not a particularly dirty team so it's a bit surprising to see that we have so many more reds than the opposition has had

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
James became the 5th player sent off against us this season. In total we’ve had 13 red cards given to opposition players since we’ve been in the PL. We’ve had 17 reds shown to us, Lewis Dunk has had 5 of them.

17-18
Britos (Watford a)
Ndidi (Leicester h)

18-19
Maddison (Leicester h)
Mounie (Huddersfield a)

19-20
Becker (Liverpool a)

20-21
Lundstrum (Sheff Utd h)
Cancelo (Man City h)

21-22
None

22-23
Semedo (Wolves a)

23-24
Nunes (Wolves a)
Akanji (Man City a)
Gallagher (Chelsea a)
Holgate (Sheff Utd a)
James (Chelsea h)
But to be fair, the Britos one was harsh

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

17-18
Britos (Watford a)
Ndidi (Leicester h)

18-19
Maddison (Leicester h)
Mounie (Huddersfield a)

19-20
Becker (Liverpool a)

20-21
Lundstrum (Sheff Utd h)
Cancelo (Man City h)

21-22
None

22-23
Semedo (Wolves a)

23-24
Nunes (Wolves a)
Akanji (Man City a)
Gallagher (Chelsea a)
Holgate (Sheff Utd a)
James (Chelsea h)
Cristian Stellini (Spurs a)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So, who were our 17? Five for Dunk. Then - Caicedo against someone (?), Dahoud against Sheff U, Duffy against Palace, ,Gilmour against Everton, Knocky against Bournemouth, Lamptey against Newcastle (?), Propper against someone (?), Sanchez against Huddersfield (?) and Stephens against Leicester. I'm missing three - Andone must have been sent off somewhere. Was Hamed one of the others?

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
So, who were our 17? Five for Dunk. Then - Caicedo against someone (?), Dahoud against Sheff U, Duffy against Palace, ,Gilmour against Everton, Knocky against Bournemouth, Lamptey against Newcastle (?), Propper against someone (?), Sanchez against Huddersfield (?) and Stephens against Leicester. I'm missing three - Andone must have been sent off somewhere. Was Hamed one of the others?
Sanchez v Newcastle
Lamptey v Grealish

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Hemed was after a VAR review against Newcastle?? A tad harsh compared to many others

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Knockaert against Everton (a) too

ClemFandango

Oct 2, 2023
Not forgetting Dahoud was also expelled from Brighton and the Premier League when he was red-carded. Likewise, Andone

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

17-18
Britos (Watford a)
Ndidi (Leicester h)

18-19
Maddison (Leicester h)
Mounie (Huddersfield a)

19-20
Becker (Liverpool a)

20-21
Lundstrum (Sheff Utd h)
Cancelo (Man City h)

21-22
None

22-23
Semedo (Wolves a)

23-24
Nunes (Wolves a)
Akanji (Man City a)
Gallagher (Chelsea a)
Holgate (Sheff Utd a)
James (Chelsea h)
out of the 13 listed there, we won 5 of those games….

(granted yes that requires context with regards to the time during the game those red cards were shown)

papachris

I think Andone was v Southampton at Amex. Was pretty much out of the team because of that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here