Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Opposing the Council's approval of Amex expansion?

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Apologies if this has been asked already, and for sounding negative.

Is it likely that we could experience deja vu on this one and see a group oppose today's positive decision, or are the circumstances entirely different?

Being a Seagull makes you think this way!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Entirely different in my humble opinion. Brighton have proved many things over the season such as sustainability and have a very successful company model. I can't see any spanners in the works.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Apologies if this has been asked already, and for sounding negative.

Is it likely that we could experience deja vu on this one and see a group oppose today's positive decision, or are the circumstances entirely different?

Being a Seagull makes you think this way!

They could call a judicial review over the councils decision to approve, but given this is a relatively simple application (in real terms) that would have to be undertaken at massive cost making it extremely unlikely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_review_in_English_law

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
They would need to challenge the decision on a point of law (judicial review), so firstly the decision would have to be legally incorrect and secondly someone has to have the money, adnd thirdly be that bothered now that the Stadium is there in the first place.

I think most objectors have now just accepted it's there and it's not going to go away so I don't think it's very likely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here