OPINIONS PLEASE.....What Do you think of the 1901 club and its offers?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arfurfuxsake

Apr 28, 2008
Littlehampton
I went to Falmer yesterday to the marketing suite to find out what deals/offers they are offering in the 1901 club for the average fan who doesn't own a company and is not rich.
The offers were.

1. pay £500.00 to reserve a seat in the middle tier west stand for 5 years (approx outside the "D" on the 18 yard box.) Seat is padded and very comfy) they had a sample. Then, when the stadium opens you have to pay £76 a month for the said 5 yrs. This price includes all league and cup games as well as friendlies. You also get first refusal on all concert tickets Etc Etc.
You also get the "privelage" of a lovely sports type bar with food facilities, sit down meal or buffet.
The bar opens an hour and a half before the game kicks off (a bit disapointed with that), and is open for an hour and a half after the game. Players will attend the bar after the games for drinks and man of the match awards etc!

Offer 2: Is exactly the same as offer 1, apart from you pay £1000 for your seat, which is then yours for life.

Opinions, would be much appreciated. I personally think that its not too bad, especially the 2nd offer once you get the £1000 out of the way!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't forget to add 20% VAT to the £76

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Having looked at the video it looks and sounds excellent and pretty good value for what you get.

Personallly it's not for me, even if I could afford it. That's not the experience I want from a day at the football.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Doesn't work if you have 3 kids but I guess you cant please everyone

D

Deleted User X18H

Don't forget to add 20% VAT to the £76

Another 1901 thread wow!!! And don't forget the 17.5% to the £500 or the grand.

I would imagine this will sell out soon.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

All year round.

76 + 20% * 12 = £1,094.40

£1,094.40 / 23 = £47.58 per game.

Current South Stand Central season £425 / 23 = £18.48 per game (plus wet weather)

Is it really that much per game? Well fancy that.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
All year round.

Current South Stand Central season £425 / 23 = £18.48 per game (plus wet weather)

Hmm, not saying whether that's good value or not. I guess you have to decide whether it is worth the extra £20 or so per game, for all the frills.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
1901 Club - North Stand Chat

Already been widely discussed. Just get yourself a cup of tea, click the above and sit down for 19 pages of discussion on the subject with some vaguely enjoyable banter between those that have and those haven't.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It looks brilliant to be fair, but for a lot of fans it is a glorious irrelevance. I wouldn't/couldn't justify paying £50 a match minimum for potentially League One football at the moment, or any football on a regular basis, much as I'd like to if I had the spare cash slushing around.

I know all the arguments, the corporates are subsidising other parts of the ground etc. Let's see if they are when the other area prices come out, before jumping to any conclusions.

I think the 1901 is good value for entertaining guests etc, not so convinced for the 'ordinary fan' who wants a seat in that stand but that's their choice. I'd be better off elsewhere (hopefully) on value for money grounds. It's about what you want as well, the experience you're after.

The big plan is clearly, with transport issues, try and make it nice enough to persuade people to get there early and stay later to avoid a rush-hour, even if that is at a cost premium.

But there wil still be plenty of fans whose only goal is to see the match with a couple of mates, and have a drink in the pub before and/or after. They want to pay no more than £25, ideally less, for an ordinary seat, and hopefully we'll get that.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
All year round.

While Drews figures are almost correct you should also factor in the free friendlies and cup games. If that brings the matches up to say 29 a season the cost per match drops to £37.73. You get a free programme so that reduces it to £34.73 and you have a guaranteed price for 5 years even if and when the team get promoted. I suspect that a standard season ticket in 5 years time, with or without promotions, is going to be more than the current level. Also don't forget that with the life membership of £1000 you have the ability at any time to either pass the seat on to family or friends or indeed sell it. Should the club go onwards and upwards theres a good chance you could get back a lot more than you paid.

The other point is the comfort factor. I watched my first game im March 1953, (we lost 2-1 home to Swindon and a player called Ken Bennett got our goal. He also missed a sitter late in the second half which I still can't forgive, but I digress....), and now at the age of 66 I really want to turn up and enjoy the match day experience rather than endure it. Anyway I'm sure that the Amex is going to be a vast improvement for everyone wherever you sit, its just whether you want to pay that bit extra for a bit more confort.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
The package will be great value IF the Albion make it to the championship (or indeed the premiership) during the course of the deal. I could see standard match day prices without the 1901 facilities reaching a similar price.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If i was a rich man I would have bought myself a Platinum ticket but the thing that bugs me is in 5 years time I will have spent almost £9,000 just on watching the football, not including merchandise and such.
I can't justify that

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The deal is ok and they probably could of charged more

Downside for me is you are sitting with corporates and a majority of non passionate fans. Can't be as good based on that.

Smart / casual dress as well which also doesnt sound like football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports