Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Opinions please - Toronto FC MLS

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Hey all, I don't get to post here very often. As a lifelong Seagulls supporter I really want to know what you think of the video below. I must say it has been nice to finally have a professional team locally in Toronto. However one of things we are becoming somewhat known for in North America is our streamer tossing at opposing corner kicks. I always loved it but when I spoke to an older English gentleman he said it was Mickey Mouse and there was no room for it in football.

So here it goes is the video below funny or stupid. Do you think outside of the premier leagues around the world this should be allowed or do you think we are facing a ban? Anyway I always figured it beats tossing bottles or coins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW-5cek2bzQ

Cheers,

:albion2:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I'm a massive tosser but that still looks like a pain in the arse to me. Would piss me off having the game held up like that everytime there is a corner.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
surely this doesnt happen EVERYTIME someone has a corner

No this was a bit special being our last game of the season. When GoldenBalls came to town we were searched and not too much made it in. Most corners don't get anywhere near that bad. Being our first year lots of different things have been tried to sort of find our feet as it were. Anyway I'm kind of sitting on the fence with it. It really is a laugh to watch it going on but yes it slows things down.

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
To be honest I don't think it's that bad, if it happened every corner it would become tiresome, but if it was just say targetting a particular player, I think it's quite good.

At least the Toronto fans seem to be making a fair atmosphere, with a lot of noise and colour........

richardson

No this was a bit special being our last game of the season. When GoldenBalls came to town we were searched and not too much made it in. Most corners don't get anywhere near that bad. Being our first year lots of different things have been tried to sort of find our feet as it were. Anyway I'm kind of sitting on the fence with it. It really is a laugh to watch it going on but yes it slows things down.

i noticed u were one up in that game. i pressume it doesnt happen if your lossing

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
having attended a few toronto games this season, that corner flag throwing is a bloody joke

apart from that, the atmosphere at the bmo is superb, and dispells any myths about grounds with no roofs not creating an atmosphere. thoroughly enjoyed every game i saw out there - EXCEPT for the la one, when it was more like a circus than a game of soccer

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
OK as a one off may be, but phenominally tedious if it was repeated each time.

If you want proper streamer effect, try this

1532803.jpg

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
think its hilarious but would get very tiresome all the time id imagine. At least the atmosphere was good.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Best fans in North America, without a doubt.

Streamers is probably better than all the beer that got thrown at one player in an earlier game when he scored for the opposition and chose to celebrate a bit too near to the fans.

Was it maybe one of you gentlemen above that spotted my Skint shirt there at the home opener? Concessions behind the West stand. . .?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Was it maybe one of you gentlemen above that spotted my Skint shirt there at the home opener? Concessions behind the West stand. . .?

i saw somebody wandering around under the west stand in a division 3 champions t-shirt at one game - probably was fc dallas

I must say it has been nice to finally have a professional team locally in Toronto.

Erm....I used to watch the Toronto Metros-Croatia (yes, they really were called that) when they won the NASL in'76 and played at Exhibition Stadium. Thankfully they re-named the team to the Toronto Blizzard, up until the NASL folded. Coached for a couple of years by none other than Dave Turner!

Guess you're a new arrival :D

And yes, they were professional-at least Franz Beckenbauer, Pele, Cruyf and countless others (including Peter Lorimer, Beardsley, Grobbelaar) were when I saw them....:laugh:

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Erm....I used to watch the Toronto Metros-Croatia (yes, they really were called that) when they won the NASL in'76 and played at Exhibition Stadium. Thankfully they re-named the team to the Toronto Blizzard, up until the NASL folded. Coached for a couple of years by none other than Dave Turner!

Guess you're a new arrival :D

And yes, they were professional-at least Franz Beckenbauer, Pele, Cruyf and countless others (including Peter Lorimer, Beardsley, Grobbelaar) were when I saw them....:laugh:

LOL - No no no. My dad used to take me to Blizzard games. I mean current professional teams. As for Croatia Toronto has been set for one of the mother of all epic wars with the CSL final this year.

Both Toronto Croatia and the Serbian White Eagles secured their place in the finals this weekend!

They have decided to make it a 2 leg final. The fans of each team will be told what day they may attend so the 2 groups are kept away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here