Jan 1, 2008
personally i think hes not match fit so no but saying that neithers owen

Loft for England

Jimmy Grimble

fixtures mate, suppose your a newbie.

seagullsss

Lofts Number 1 Fan!
Jan 1, 2008
i disagree i think heskey is quality with owen but then u have to drop rooney or something

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
cappello wants to set his stall out from the start - that these celebrity footballers and big name starts cant just expect to be picked anymore. playing beckham - who hasn't kicked a ball since november, and has been preparing for this trip by globetrotting, would have sent the wrong message out entirely

right decision in my opinion

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think he should have got it however he should also have trained more and not perhaps promoted x,y and z.

seagullsss

Lofts Number 1 Fan!
Jan 1, 2008
good point if we did pick beckham then we probably would of slated capello for handing out caps to easilly like we did to sven shows theres competition for places for the 1st time for ages there was real excitement about the team being picked the otherday:clap2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMO Fabio wants to prove that he is his one man and will do things his way not the way of the money men of the FA. Becks hasnt trained much and shouldnt be in the squad but after we have won this first game for Capello he will be picked in one of the next 2 friendlies.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I guess he isn't match fit and that is a shame, but still I would have picked him. The guy is superb and deserves when match fit to play, and on this occasion I would have had him on the bench and brought him on for the last twenty minutes.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here