Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Opening date of 2024/25 season (yes i know)

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I know it's very early but does anyone have an inkling when the 2024/25 season might start? The Euro Final is on the 14th July so I'm thinking Sat 10th August might be too early. But if the season starts on the 17th then there will be just 3 weekends before the first international break which would be very short. Any educated guesses?

I ought to add that optimistically I'm talking about the Premier League season!!

Last edited:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I would expect the 10th. If you look at the 2018 World Cup to the 2018-19 PL that was July 15th to August 10th. That's the last "normal" gap we had

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know it's very early but does anyone have an inkling when the 2024/25 season might start? The Euro Final is on the 14th July so I'm thinking Sat 10th August might be too early. But if the season starts on the 17th then there will be just 3 weekends before the first international break which would be very short. Any educated guesses?

I ought to add that optimistically I'm talking about the Premier League season!!
After today:-

'will the championship still start a week earlier?'

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I would expect the 10th. If you look at the 2018 World Cup to the 2018-19 PL that was July 15th to August 10th. That's the last "normal" gap we had
Thank you. That's good info. Seems very quick for international players to have a rest and return to training.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thank you. That's good info. Seems very quick for international players to have a rest and return to training.
"Holiday of a Lifetime" ? :wink:

I've already got a dinner I can't get out of for the West Ham game and need to arrange a holiday in September this year !

Bad Fan !

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
"Holiday of a Lifetime" ? :wink:

I've already got a dinner I can't get out of for the West Ham game and need to arrange a holiday in September this year !

Bad Fan !
Sadly not but working shifts and getting Saturdays off in August requires thinking pretty much 12 months ahead to the day. The only reason I can get to Wolves and West Ham is because I booked the days off this time last year. Roll on retirement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here