Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

open training sess

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
As for the players, I believe most stayed but walking the entire length of the west would have been a long time.. Didn't see Dunk.
That was my point - only a handful bothered to walk the entire length of the stand.

Is an hour or so of the others' time really too much to ask?!

(Dunk was actually out at the end)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Hats off to the six or so players who stayed to do autographs. Guess the others all had pressing appointments...

After meeting Brighton's very own World Cup winner, I felt my kids needed some historical context... so on the way home I took them to see Withdean Stadium for the first time.

They'd seen enough after a couple of minutes, but it was tempting to make them sit in the rain for 90min for the true Withdean experience... :)
Ritchie Reynolds made clear that some players would be able to stay for pics and autographs, but others had other commitments.

Jul 7, 2003
Ritchie Reynolds made clear that some players would be able to stay for pics and autographs, but others had other commitments.
Did Ritchie have a David Dickinson-esque tan to explain his absence from the last couple of home games?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Hats off to the six or so players who stayed to do autographs. Guess the others all had pressing appointments...

After meeting Brighton's very own World Cup winner, I felt my kids needed some historical context... so on the way home I took them to see Withdean Stadium for the first time.

They'd seen enough after a couple of minutes, but it was tempting to make them sit in the rain for 90min for the true Withdean experience... :)
Sanchez, Ferguson, Mitoma, March, Dunk, Gilmour, Estupinian, Veltman & BarberOUTOBE were just some of the ones I saw signing things. It was 1.25pm by the time Dunk had got from the 1st lot of steps in the NW corner to the 3rd in W1G March & some others came off the pitch & went into the stands to sign stuff. They were still there at 1.35pm when we left. One girl took her shoe off to be autographed, I hope she didn't have to walk home! :lolol:
If you're taking young kids I'd suggest they get a flag to get signatures on as they can hold them up and out easier than autograph books etc.

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Take them down to a Varndeanians game and they can sit amongst the Bird Shit as well :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here