Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Open letter from Paul Barber

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I couldn’t go Saturday, thought I had Covid, thankfully not test was negative, but for the Watford game, I was surprised to see a relatively large number of stewards located at the Bridge Car Park, I couldn’t really see what a lot of them were actually doing to get paid, so maybe this shortage of stewards is a logistical issue rather than actually a shortage of bodies?

Are you suggesting these extra car park stewards should have been re deployed to support the catering? Or drive trains perhaps? Or play LWB?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Expecting another open letter from Barber on how the season ticket sharing scheme has been scrapped given the huge swathes of empty seats leading to lack of attendees purchasing items from the kiosks.

To be honest the club could do without any more fans turning up

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
No mention of the shit train service either

I hadn’t realised that Paul Barber runs the railway company as well as the football club.

On that basis, he probably runs Highways England too, so I demand an apology for the traffic jam I encountered on my 100-mile drive to the Amex.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I hadn’t realised that Paul Barber runs the railway company as well as the football club.

On that basis, he probably runs Highways England too, so I demand an apology for the traffic jam I encountered on my 100-mile drive to the Amex.

Please quote where I said that...........I will wait.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Amazed it’s taken 10 years and a Pandemic to get this apology. The catering and stewarding at The Amex has been consistently shite since day dot.

In comparison to other grounds, it’s not though is it.

In normal times I have rarely waited longer than 10 minutes to be served in the West stand upper, although I don’t buy anything at halftime. Most away games I have had to wait at least as long, and often for an inferior product at the same, admittedly, extortionate price. And at gigs etc, the service is about the same or worse, very rarely better.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What a thoroughly depressing place NSC is.

Populated by miserable, entitled, whingeing adults behaving like selfish, ignorant schoolchildren. I don’t understand why some support BHA, desperate as they are to pounce on anything and everything the club says or does, and criticise endlessly.

Ours must be the worst club in the country because, judging by all the experts on NSC, it gets nothing right.

Or possibly our marketing, communications and facilities are SO good that we're never quite going to deliver on our own promises. In fact, let's take Saturday's opponents.

No one goes to Everton for a "match day experience". You drink in the pubs around the ground, turn up at 2.45 and squeeze into a seat that's half a foot wide with enough leg room for a dwarf, so that you can peer at the game trough a roof envelope or round a pillar. Consequently their entitlement runs only as far not having a manager who managed Liverpool, even though he's clearly sorted them out into a formidable unit in a matter of weeks.

We, on the other hand, have an incredible ground with no pubs anywhere near it, a closed car park (for which I blame LDC and Matthew Bennet BTW) and inadequate train service. We have probably some of the best food and beer in the whole league in our concessions and, as there are no pubs anywhere near, people go to buy it and therefore queues build up. We talk about "customers" and "match day experiences" yet we cannot even provide step free access for someone's disabled mother.

Like I said above, I feel very sorry for PB who tried to warn everyone and can do nothing about Sodexo's staffing issues. But that doesn't mean we always deliver on our uber-polished marketing messages. And the very location of the ground and high quality of goods within causes its own problems.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
...you do realise he's not Mussolini, right?

Wow. I did not know that.

You do realise that the club pay a lot of money to Southern to provide an enhanced service to us on Match days? No, well now you do.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
There is a simple solution to reduce the queues allow people to take flasks keep their bottle tops and even take food into the ground.

Issue solved. Of course this will never happen

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There is a simple solution to reduce the queues allow people to take flasks keep their bottle tops and even take food into the ground.

Issue solved. Of course this will never happen

You can take food into the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What a thoroughly depressing place NSC is.

Populated by miserable, entitled, whingeing adults behaving like selfish, ignorant schoolchildren. I don’t understand why some support BHA, desperate as they are to pounce on anything and everything the club says or does, and criticise endlessly.

Ours must be the worst club in the country because, judging by all the experts on NSC, it gets nothing right.

I would say it's unbelievable, but it just isn't is it.

With Albion fans behaving like c***s at the stadium, it's hardly surprising we're behaving like c***s on a faceless messageboard.
Maybe, just maybe us Albion fans are c***s.

I wonder how bad these calamitous first world problems would be if the Albion had won and 'we' were top.

Entitled c***s that we are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here