Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Open Goal

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just another example of poor officials if he was flagging for offside then..

And yes I agree Hemed was brilliant. Someone gave him a 5 on the player ratings thread! :shrug:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Wasn't an open goal, was offside, should still have put the ball on the back of the net

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just another example of poor officials if he was flagging for offside then..

And yes I agree Hemed was brilliant. Someone gave him a 5 on the player ratings thread! :shrug:
Lucky for Tomer Sidwell came on and saved him from NSC's hard of thinking.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Where did Heaton restart play from? That would probably give you some idea

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
It was definitely flagged offside - I looked down the line from WSU to see the flag out.

But ref may have chosen to restart with a goal kick anyway.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Where did Heaton restart play from? That would probably give you some idea

He took it from about a foot back from the edge of the six yard box (rather than on the line like goal kicks), but on the right hand side (not in the middle where Hemed played the ball for the possible offside).

But defensive free kicks within the goal area can be taken from anywhere within the goal area, much like goal kicks, so it doesn't mean much.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Definitely wasn't flagged for offside. The flag went up after the ball went out signifying a goal kick.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Definitely wasn't flagged for offside. The flag went up after the ball went out signifying a goal kick.
This. If you re-watch footage of the incident the linesman only raises his flag after the ball has gone out, not when either player went towards the ball or when Hemed touched it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The linesman flagged for a goal kick, like how a linesman always flags when the bell goes out of play... If it was offside, the linemen will point in the direction of the incident, and keep the flag up for a sort time.

This looks the same pointing to the centre offside and pointing for a goal kick.

Flag must have been up for a very short time (I didn't see it) if it was offside as I looked for it and nearly level, but obscured by the melee of players for a second or two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here