Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Open a Betfair account and clean up

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Must admit, I did lay Poyet on Betfair at about 6-4, but that was when he was about evens for the job so whoever did it when he was massive odds-on would be laughing.

Even though I couldn't see it was the right move for him I wasn't confident, money talks and they have more. At the moment.

If Poyet has had an interview but doesn't go, it is hard to come to any other conclusion than it is a thinly veiled threat to Bloom and the board what will happen if he doesn't get some more cash to spend. And maybe a pay rise.

Last edited:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Must admit, I did lay Poyet on Betfair at about 6-4, but that was when he was about evens for the job so whoever did it when he was massive odds-on would be laughing.

Even though I couldn't see it was the right move for him I wasn't confident, money talks and they have more. At the moment.

If Poyet has had an interview but doesn't go, it is hard to come to any other conclusion than it is a thinly weiled threat to Bloom and the board what will happen if he doesn't get some more cash to spend. And maybe a pay rise.

I layed it at 1.45, big time, for me.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Di Canio has gone from 33's to 9's as well though, just a flurry of betting.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
interesting that poyets odds hav suddenly come in again on betfair

Sort of

Poyet will be backed to an extent though. As an example, I may well back Poyet having laid him off big time earlier. This is to release some funds back into my account (If they announce an interim manager the market wont close if I have read T&C's right) and clear any liabilities for a fraction of what I have put up. Earlier, there was £2K queuing up at Odds on. Now there is a tenner. Now look at what is queuing up for Adkins...

Poker Dunce

Feb 4, 2012
Layed him at 1.25 until my eyes bled. As I said on the other thread it takes peanuts to get the bookies slashing the odds and then the sheep pile in thinking it must be true if a bookie is going 1 to 10. They see 1.25 on betfair and think they are buying money.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
SO.....the next question is do we do the same with Adkins, whilst the market is so unstable......must be worth laying him for a couple of bob.

:lolol:

This is FANTASTIC.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Skybet

Adkins 1/2
Gus 5/1
Di Canio 33/1!!!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Whats the betting Dolan gets it till the end of the season like Wolves and Connor last season ?
He'll need to be in charge for 10 games for a pay out.....they've only got 8 games left. He's 16/1 at Stans if you fancy a couple of quid on him though.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Laid poyet at 2.12 yesterday for heavyish amount, greened up easy enough now so nice profit.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
He'll need to be in charge for 10 games for a pay out.....they've only got 8 games left. He's 16/1 at Stans if you fancy a couple of quid on him though.

This is where things get very tricky with laying Poyet (or any manager). He may stay now but if he goes in the summer and becomes the next "permanent" manager then the lay bets will be lost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here