Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Onto Everton then

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have a bad feeling about Monday.

Have we ever beaten a Dyche side at the Amex?

Everton are the lowest scorers in the PL.
Everton have only won 1 game away from home all season back in October.

What could possibly go wrong?*

*answers on a postcard to:
Amex Stadium
Village Way
Falmer

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just incredible that we're fighting for EUROPEAN FOOTBALL and not our lives in the PL.

Absolutely fricking loving it. Long may it continue.
I still haven't given up on a top 4 finish tbh - although we'll need to win every game (except Man City) to do that. The thing is, I thought after Forest that our squad depth would mean the end of that ambition, but it seems our back ups didn't read the memo.

According to the betting markets, we are still considerably more likely to finish in the top 4 than West Ham are to be relegated. We are 16.0 (15/1) on Betfair.

I'm not saying we'll do it but I do think there's value there. If you think we can beat Everton, then we must have a chance at Arsenal and Newcastle if most of our squad can stay fit. Win those three games and a late charge is on.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Definitely think they'll come and keep it tight. If they get hammered out of sight it's game over.

They look fragile to me. If we s ore early they could fold and it could go wolvesy.

If not I can see another million shots that don't go in frustrate-athon.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I still haven't given up on a top 4 finish tbh - although we'll need to win every game (except Man City) to do that. The thing is, I thought after Forest that our squad depth would mean the end of that ambition, but it seems our back ups didn't read the memo.

According to the betting markets, we are still considerably more likely to finish in the top 4 than West Ham are to be relegated. We are 16.0 (15/1) on Betfair.

I'm not saying we'll do it but I do think there's value there. If you think we can beat Everton, then we must have a chance at Arsenal and Newcastle if most of our squad can stay fit. Win those three games and a late charge is on.
My prediction is that we will beat city for a what might have been in the cup final moment. Last season they drew with West Ham and were lucky to squeeze past Villa at seasons end. There is a myth that they are an unstoppable juggernaut at this time of year.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

It's the slimmest of slim chances but I'm not giving up until its gone.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
When we played them at Goodison they were full of bluster and intent in the first half, to little effect. Then we scored and they folded like a [insert cliché here].

End of the day, they're not very good defensively, they don't have legs in midfield and they're shot shy up front. You shouldn't the Toffeemen too sticky.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It's an odd one. A point at the Amex would be a great result for them, and people will call it a Dyche masterclass and all that.

But the table says otherwise. Their fixtures are far harder than those of Forest - so even if Everton get their draw, it counts for nothing if Forest beat Southampton as they would be effectively 2 and half points behind Forest with 3 to play - with one of those games being Man City.
Forest have only managed 6 points away all season (which makes the Amex 0-0 even more annoying), so it's a reasonable assumption that they'll get nothing at Chelsea or Palace.
Arsenal top the away points league, so it's reasonable to assume they will win at the city ground.

My prediction is just 3 more points for Forest - home to Southampton.

I suspect Everton will fancy getting a point or 3 at Molineaux and also home to Muff on the last day. I'll say 4 points from those 2 games.

That will make a point at the Amex well worth having, so I suspect a bus will be parked...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I feel like this could be a horrible game. Dyche sides always are. At least we know we have beaten his teams in recent years (hell, even Aaron Connolly scored against them) so the jinx probably doesn't really exist.

But they will be dull and hoof the ball at every opportunity. I was thinking last night how unusual it was to see a keeper (De Gea) drop kicking the ball these days. Except for Pickford. Everton love to go long. Calvert-Lewin has caused us problems before, in that season under Ancelotti where they won at the Amex and thought they were en route to a new dawn until James Rodriguez decided he couldn't be arsed with the cold and they fell apart as usual.

Very much hoping a De Zerbi Albion will have the keys to unlock them (much as Potter did a great job, his teams tended to struggle against the bus parkers of this world) but it's going to be a difficult one.

Then again I was bricking it about the Wolves game, so what do I know?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

We were 19/1 before last night, so I had a nibble :)

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
A point will be good for Everton, they have Wolves and Bournemouth, no doubt they will need to win both to stay up but they are more winnable than away to Brighton. If Everton lose, they will still need to win those other 2 games and hope results work out for them. I think they will try and hang on to a 0-0 for as long as possible, bring on Maupay with 10 minutes to go and see what happens. (Maupay gets booked for being a dick and concedes a pen.)

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Looking forward to RDZ naming 2 unheard of academy prospects in the starting XI and for us to go and win 7 nil!
Anyone else wondered who Cameron Peupion was on our bench last night!
1683281624368.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here