Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Onto Everton then

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I have a natural pessimism going into Albion games (expect a defeat and anything else is a bonus), but this lot seem SO determined, drilled and focused that I honestly think they can blow any team away, including City. In reality, six more wins is unlikely, but the belief is like what I saw in the promotion season. And that's why, I believe, when they achieved their goal of getting to the PL the levels dropped and they missed out on the Championship title.

Whatever the reasons, Brighton are a joy to watch at the moment and long may that continue!

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Everton's best chance of a win is to park the bus and play on the break.
Everton's best chance of a draw is to park the bus and play on the break.
Dyche's ONLY style of play is to park the bus and play on the break.

I have no idea how they will play it on Monday. It's really unpredictable.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I have a bad feeling about Monday.

Have we ever beaten a Dyche side at the Amex?
I still have nightmares about that Burnley Weghorst disaster last season. We are a much much better team than that with a much better manager though so you'd like to think we
I still haven't given up on a top 4 finish tbh - although we'll need to win every game (except Man City) to do that. The thing is, I thought after Forest that our squad depth would mean the end of that ambition, but it seems our back ups didn't read the memo.

According to the betting markets, we are still considerably more likely to finish in the top 4 than West Ham are to be relegated. We are 16.0 (15/1) on Betfair.

I'm not saying we'll do it but I do think there's value there. If you think we can beat Everton, then we must have a chance at Arsenal and Newcastle if most of our squad can stay fit. Win those three games and a late charge is on.
The issue is where do Newcastle drop points other than to us? If not them, would United lose two of their remaining games? All their opponents after West Ham are on the proverbial beach.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Last 6 PL fixtures, all involving teams who have something to play for:
Everton (H) - fighting for survival
Arsenal (A) - fighting for the title
Newcastle (A) - fighting for top 4
Southampton (H) - fighting for survival
Man City (H) - fighting for the title
Aston Villa (A) - fighting for Europe
We play a massive role in shaping the PL table.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I still have nightmares about that Burnley Weghorst disaster last season. We are a much much better team than that with a much better manager though so you'd like to think we

The issue is where do Newcastle drop points other than to us? If not them, would United lose two of their remaining games? All their opponents after West Ham are on the proverbial beach.
We'd need to win all our remaining games (including City) and hope United dropped 5 points (a loss and a draw). We'd pip them on GD if so. West Ham away and Chelsea at home maybe?

Alternatively, Newcastle would need to drop 5 additional points (assuming we beat them up there). They've got Arsenal coming up, finish at Chelsea and have two relegation fighting teams to play including Leeds away. It's not out of the question.

It is all highly unlikely but that's why we're 15/1 to make it.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Was just discussing this with @hans kraay fan club.

I was concerned that they would come here and park the bus, but he is right - if you look at the table and fixtures, Everton simply can't afford to play for a point.

They are effectively half a point behind Forest (when you consider GD) and a point behind Leeds. But look at the fixtures:

If Forest beat Southampton this weekend, Everton are screwed unless they beat us on Monday. If they come here and park the bus, they deserve to be relegated.
Not so sure, they need a win, but the way to beat us is to defend deep and attack on the break. Heck I reckon even Man City will approach their game with us that way.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought Man Utd defended well last night and we still managed 22 shots, 6 on target with De Gea in fine form.

Everton's defence is vastly inferior to Man Utd's so I do not see them holding out. Enciso is on fire while the emergence of Gilmour helps cover Gross's absence. I also hope that Ferguson will feature.

I have a good feeling about Monday. Winning energises teams and last night the players were so pumped at the result, as were the fans. We are a team on a mission. Dyche's Everton will scrap and fight, but I don't think they have the quality.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I still haven't given up on a top 4 finish tbh - although we'll need to win every game (except Man City) to do that.
As brilliant as a 5th placed finish would be, it's going to really f***ing hurt if we finish within 3 points of the Top 4.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought Man Utd defended well last night and we still managed 22 shots, 6 on target with De Gea in fine form.
Yeah I don't think this should be ignored about last night. Overall I actually think Man Utd were pretty good. We were just better.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Everton's best chance of a win is to park the bus and play on the break.
Everton's best chance of a draw is to park the bus and play on the break.
Dyche's ONLY style of play is to park the bus and play on the break.

I have no idea how they will play it on Monday. It's really unpredictable.
All about us getting a fairly early goal then, isn't it?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
We love helping out the underdogs. Let’s just keep it to a 3-0 win and help keep their GD a little healthier. 😜

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
A point would be huge for Everton.

I think it's very unlikely that all three of Forest, Leeds and Leicester are getting six points each from their remaining games. Everton will view Wolves and Bournemouth as winnable games so a point against us and six against those two will get them to 36 points and safety.

A win against us would be an unbelievable result in terms of staying up but seeing as a point would be very handy I would be surprised if they came out all guns blazing. They'll be classic Dyche - snapping into tackles, snarling in our faces, elbows out, feet left in, balls pumped forward and relentless running but they won't be wide open and piling forward.

It'll be a really tough game and an even tougher watch. If we can win it it'll go a loooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggggg way towards European football next year.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Does anyone have a spare ticket in NS still to be put on the Exchange...?

If so, I'd be really grateful for a Private Message to arrange the chance for me to snap it up.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
We HAVE just to get Pascal Gross back for this one. The ENTIRE Everton back line is terrified of his blistering pace and will not be able to face trailing in his slipstream as he bursts across the half way line again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here