Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Only one additional win (3points) is required for Brighton to play in Champions League next season

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
Brighton has got 42 points in 25 games, so 1.680 per game. At this rate, Brighton is likely to end with about 1.68×38 = 64 points.

Edit:
It would be 44 points now without the "false offside", in that sense, 1.76 points per game and 67 points per season (= 38 games).

Spurs:
48 points in 27 games, so 1.777 per game. At this rate, they are likely to end with around 67 or 68 points.

New Castle:
44 points in 25 games, so 1.760 per game. At this rate, they are likely to end with around 67 points.

Liverpool:
42 points in 26 games, so 1.615 per game. At the rate, they are likely to end with around 61 points.

Conclusion :
If we can get one additional win = 3 points, we are likely to play in Champions League ;) (y)
(and, "the false offside" can be very crucial:poop:)

It's going to end like this.
1: Arsenal or Manchester City
2: Manchester city or Arsenal
3:Machester United

4: Brighton, Spurs, New Castle or Liverpool

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I know I should be more ambitious and all that but I am delighted that it is halfway through March and we are still in the discussion for a champions league place, and the FA cup.

Frankly, this is just f***ing marvelous - and I feel like we haven't seen the best of this team yet. Surely we can convince a few to stay and continue to build.

"We've got Denny Denny Denny Denny Mundee on the wing, on the wing"

What a club. What an owner. What fans.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Brighton has got 42 points in 25 games, so 1.680 per game. At this rate, Brighton is likely to end with about 1.68×38 = 64 points.

Edit:
It would be 44 points now without the "false offside", in that sense, 1.76 points per game and 67 points per season (= 38 games).

Spurs:
48 points in 27 games, so 1.777 per game. At this rate, they are likely to end with around 67 or 68 points.

New Castle:
44 points in 25 games, so 1.760 per game. At this rate, they are likely to end with around 67 points.

Liverpool:
42 points in 26 games, so 1.615 per game. At the rate, they are likely to end with around 61 points.

Conclusion :
If we can get one additional win = 3 points, we are likely to play in Champions League ;) (y)

That’s a mathematical analysis, but takes no account of the relative strength of the opposition played so far by each team.

For that, you need to look at @Giraffe’s peerless tracker thread.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That’s a mathematical analysis, but takes no account of the relative strength of the opposition played so far by each team.

For that, you need to look at @Giraffe’s peerless tracker thread.
Good point. Since we’re already on 42 are you going to change reporting focus to Europe @Giraffe or are we still going to track against a target we’ve beaten?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Edit:

Spurs:

New Castle:

Liverpool:

Conclusion :

I love a bit of mathematics.

I’m with you. I just hope the players don’t read this and decide to go on holiday early.

We’ve got Spurs, Chelse and Man City to play in April, and all back to back. A stern test. If we come through that with 7 points then we’ll deserve a European spot.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

I’m with you. I just hope the players don’t read this and decide to go on holiday early.

We’ve got Spurs, Chelse and Man City to play in April, and all back to back. A stern test. If we come through that with 7 points then we’ll deserve a European spot.

The league game against City will only happen if Grimsby beat us this weekend AND Burnley beat City.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good point. Since we’re already on 42 are you going to change reporting focus to Europe @Giraffe or are we still going to track against a target we’ve beaten?
You realize, also that 42 is the answer to the question, you know, the life, the universe and....everything, right?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Too simplistic. Brighton have to play all the 5 teams above them apart from Liverpool, and Brentford, one place below. Record against them is W1 D1 L4. IMO, the 3 away draws at Leicester, Leeds, and Palace have kiboshed top 4 chance. Best hope is that by time play Arsenal and Man C (assuming either qualifies for cup semi so will be near end of season) that title is sorted, City concentrating on CL, and they are on beach in PL.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We're on 42 and we have 13 games left.

68 points is the points total which more likely than not will get us CL football.

Which makes the maths quite easy. 26 needed from 13 games. 2 per match. That's tough. It's very tough. But it's do-able. A lot would have to go right.

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
We're on 42 and we have 13 games left.

68 points is the points total which more likely than not will get us CL football.

Which makes the maths quite easy. 26 needed from 13 games. 2 per match. That's tough. It's very tough. But it's do-able. A lot would have to go right.

Ultimately, it depends if we can defeat both Spurs and New Castle (both are away games), IMO.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Just being able to talk about the possibility of coming away from games against teams like that, with two wins and a draw, is incredible.

Shows just how far we have come this season l think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here