Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ONLY for posters who have been watching BHA for 40+ years...

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Yep, we've seen the good times and the bad times during these years, the peter ward era will always stick out in my memory, genuinely exciting days.
At this moment in time I'm a little worried about the 3 B's that run the club, with all the investment in the stadium and training facilities I'm perplexed as to why good players are spurning us.
However being a fan means u have to take the ups with the downs and keep our fingers crossed that the suits actually know what they doing.
As I see it PB like him or not does his job well, after all despite everything he still persuades many to part with their hard earned cash., DB complete was of space and should be sacked, TB has invested a lot in the club so I thank him for that, but DB is still there and until he is relieved of his duties then I'd suggest TB is failing us all.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
With respect, Oscar was appointed 5 weeks before the season kicked, our squad was fairly lacklustre last season despite the 6th place finish. That squad has since been completely dismantled and what we are left with is remarkably weak first Xl and a transfer policy which seems to be failing.

First game Reading at home 1970-71.

The transfer policy is actually working well, we have netted £15m in the last six months. Oh yes I forgot it works both ways and we have a couple of loan players, a free and a spend of around £2m. Should leave the club £13m in pocket with a massively reduced wage bill. But no sign of any incoming quality on the pitch, Its about the Football Barber, poor football equals poor financial returns, there is a correlation between the two.

DavePage

First saw them in 66, sadly missed the last eight years as we are now in Canada.
Losing any game doesn’t get any easier to take.
There will always be ups & downs, the future can never be as bad the demise of the Goldstone and what followed.
I guess i’ll feel better after a few glasses of wine and then onto Tuesday, clinging to the Seagull Player hoping for the raised volume which normally indicates a goal as so it goes.
The family always know how we have done by my mood, the wine is always there, but better to be supping it with a WIN.
Remember I only get to hear the commentary and read your comments (at the same time). There have been so many games in the past couple of years that the board was saying that our playing was dog, then near the end of the game we score an equaliser or winner or even just reduces the deficit.
The past 75-80 are forgotten and we are brilliant again. Guess thats life, our job as supporters. But fickle nonetheless.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Had my 40th anniversary of Albion supporting last season so I'm in. Agree with the OP - it's always been a roller coaster, and I don't believe it'll ever not be.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I will complain and identify what I object to and put my point across, its not good at the moment. But come the end of transfer window irrespective I will be behind the players!!! was spoilt in my youth watching Pat Sawards team and Mullers promotion years. We will never see the likes of peter ward again!!

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts
I have to agree. I've had nearly sixty years on the Albion roller coaster but rarely have I sensed (or indeed, felt it myself) such apathy at the start of a season. How many more times will we be told to wait until the end of the transfer window for the miracle (transfers) to happen? The fact that we will be five games into the season and probably out of the League Cup apparently doesn't matter. Anyway, time to change my incontinency pad!

That's the thing isn't it. We 'wise old heads' know that a season isn't based on the first two games but there is no excitement, no expectation this year. I know a couple of good signings and that may change but we don't even seem to be capable of attracting anyone half decent- and that's the worry.

When was the last time we had three managers in three years apart from the gory years of Archer and David 'bellend' Bellotti?

Feb 11, 2007
Brighton
We've been in a state of flux in all that time, and before...

We've been to the depths, nearly exiting the league in '97, seen some amazing seasons, '71/'72, '82/'83, '77/'78,'78/'79, '00/'01, '01/'02, '03/'04 to name a few...

As veterans, we KNOW that BHA are a proper yo-yo club, and if you take everything into consideration, it looks as if we are in a bit of a down cycle...

No-one knows what tomorrow brings, but it is never ANYTHING other than a roller-coaster ride following the super stripes...

Up the Albion!!!

Spot on Mr Spun.

My 47th season. It will not be our best, but I will still b there next season for my 48th.

Thanks for the rational thinking. A breath of fresh air.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
It all started on boxing day 1967 for me, so I'm in.

Hoping to take my dad to the boxing day 2017 game for our 50th anniversary - but will it be in the Prem?

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Just wanted to say thank you for making me feel young for once. :)

Completed 50th year at Derby. Coming home we drew up a list of who we should keep and let go so I've still learned nothing it seems as actuality of who we've retained is just about the polar opposite of who us fans in the car on the way back from that forgettable defeat would liked to have stayed this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here