Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 250 quid to [jump the queue for*] the Seven Stars Sports bar.. [* = get in to]

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Wow. Just wow.
Looks like it'll be the concourse for me and the family this season then. Massive mistake by the club, and I NEVER say that.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
This is exactly the sort of idea that in the grand scheme of things generates a negligible amount of additional revenue for the club but sends out a terrible message to the fans that essentially we are looking to fleece you

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On the day that Reading announce that away fans will be able to visit them for £20, this move from the Albion couldn't look more out of touch.

I've asked if there will be a match by match charge for entry. No response yet.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
On the day that Reading announce that away fans will be able to visit them for £20, this move from the Albion couldn't look more out of touch.

I've asked if there will be a match by match charge for entry. No response yet.

or can you get in free if you stand up and don't play with the toys?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Unlimited Fastrack for Chessington is £70 per person. For just 3 rides, it is £16 per person. To go on something you have already paid to go on. Craziness.

Depends I guess.......not necessarily just in relation to Chessington, but if you're only going to go once to a place like this, or very rarely, do you pay your entry fee for half a dozen rides and several hours in queues somewhat ruining the experience, or pay double (or more) the entry fee for loads of rides and very little queuing time ? Having done both on loads of occasions at many different parks, I have come to the conclusion that it's better VFM and makes for a far more enjoyable day out to pay the extra

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Only 250 quid to jump the queue for the Seven Stars Sports bar..

So you do not have to pay £250 to use this bar, just the £250 guarantees you can use the bar?

So whilst this is an excessive attempt at money making by the club, as long as somebody pays the £250, nothing changes?

That's not been clarified, but...

i) The line that Dick's will remain free entry, and
ii) Would there really be a £11+ per match charge for guaranteed entry when others walk in for free?

...indicate there may be a charge for entry game by game.

Even if it is free for walk-ups, why put this in place at all, creating a potential haves/have nots situation? As it's a facility that was put in place for families, the cost is likely to be £500-£1000 for most.

And would a family of four really want four programmes?!?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
That's not been clarified, but...

i) The line that Dick's will remain free entry, and
ii) Would there really be a £11+ per match charge for guaranteed entry when others walk in for free?

...indicate there may be a charge for entry game by game.

Even if it is free for walk-ups, why put this in place at all, creating a potential haves/have nots situation? As it's a facility that was put in place for families, the cost is likely to be £500-£1000 for most.

And would a family of four really want four programmes?!?

So the only way to get rid of this is nobody pay the £250 and if there is a door charge, nobody use the bar until it is ditched.

In reality people will give in, but this one is a poor move by the club.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not withstanding the fact that if they miraculously manage to sell all 160 places, then the capacity for walk-ins will have to be reduced by 160 whether the ticket holders turn up or not.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Am I right in thinking u18s can only drink here and not Dicks?

So now you need to pay if you want a bar your kids can be in?

Barber, Gorringe or whichever **** came up with this idea need to take a ****ing look at themselves. 50% the cost of a season ticket, to enter a ****ing bar? Jesus ****ing Christ.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Let's look at what Seven Stars offers shall we.

TV screens available in the concourse.

A dugout seat so uncomfy they got rid of it.

Some memorobilia on the wall that isn't especially interesting.

A picture of Steve Ovett.

A pool table identical to one you see in countless pubs in town

A load of kids running round.

Meaning you are effectively forking out 250 quid for a programme each game and a pint glass instead of a plastic cup.

Some of the people at our club really haven't got a ****ing clue have they. *****.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here