Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Online family and friends - faff!

Oct 17, 2003
Hove, East Sussex
just a rant...

been trying to sort out getting 5-6 people together online through the ticket system so we can all get tickets away for Villa..

have to say (i know others have to), that the system is shockingly poor. I personally had problems logging into it and then to expect all your mates to go in & add your details so you can book them tickets is horrendous!

we have now given up and doing a postal app...

i work as a web consultancy for large corporate companies so loads of experience in this area and can state its very poor!

If anyone from the club reads this, suggest you get rid of any agency/company managing the site ASAP and go elsewhere, a waste of money!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I tried adding a family member several months ago but it kept claiming they were not on the system.

Although they added me fine!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I can't even add my son to my account

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
had no probs here adding 4 people?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
just a rant...

been trying to sort out getting 5-6 people together online through the ticket system so we can all get tickets away for Villa..

have to say (i know others have to), that the system is shockingly poor. I personally had problems logging into it and then to expect all your mates to go in & add your details so you can book them tickets is horrendous!

we have now given up and doing a postal app...

i work as a web consultancy for large corporate companies so loads of experience in this area and can state its very poor!

If anyone from the club reads this, suggest you get rid of any agency/company managing the site ASAP and go elsewhere, a waste of money!

Are they all season ticket holders? If not you'll have to wait until all of them have applied.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
It does seem to be a bit 50:50 whether it works or not for people.
Some would say thats worse than it not working for anyone (therefore finding a fix easier!).

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
I had trouble adding a friend to mine for the first time, so i phoned up the ticket office and booked over the phone quoting our fan numbers, and they did the biz online adding them to my list.

Online system 5/10 Customer service 9/10. nuff said.

Oct 17, 2003
Hove, East Sussex
they are all season ticket holders...

regardless of whether others have or havent managed to complete this, in todays day and age with the technologies available out there this should not be an issue!!!

i personally think its a very poor process and system implemented on behalf of our club

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
they are all season ticket holders...

regardless of whether others have or havent managed to complete this, in todays day and age with the technologies available out there this should not be an issue!!!

i personally think its a very poor process and system implemented on behalf of our club

Aren't we sponsored by an IT Company?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Seriously, if it's not working then you're doing it wrong. I've had to do exactly the same thing today, I organised 3 non computer-literate people into logging on and adding me as a friend. As long as you know your number and password then it can't go wrong.

I think this is going to be a case of people getting used to it. Once you've logged in once and bough a ticket it will be fine. The problem is that hardly anyone's used it since their profiles were added and don't know their number of password. Remember that this is the system's forst big test since it came in, there's bound to be a few problems.

That said, there must be an easier way of doing it. Does anyone know how other clubs manage it?

As I stated before it is ludicrously complicated. You have to sign up to the site and then gain a password or fan number which is on either your Gold,Blue or White membership card which means you have different user names and passwords...:tantrum:

The best option seems to be by post. My worry is you can only apply for a mixture of memberships on the 13th. They then have 9 days, minus sundays, to get me the tickets. I simply wouldn't trust them to get there on time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There are problems with this as my son has an account but can only buy an adult ticket, I have mailed the ticket office however I understand they are not answering emails at present.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here