Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

one question: what is the easiest, cheapest best package to copy dvd's onto my PC

one question: what is the easiest, cheapest best package to copy dvd's onto my PC

LC:bowdown:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Handbrake. Free. Simples. :thumbsup:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I keep getting told to get DVD FAB.
Apparently it's £10 for 2 year subscription and lets you edit, copy whatever you want.
No idea where to get it from so if you do get it, let me know what it's like :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
do any of them get over the fact that you get a delay in sound and pictures?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I've never had trouble with the sync on Handbrake. I think there is a way of moving the sound and picture sync in the system.

I've never had trouble with the sync on Handbrake. I think there is a way of moving the sound and picture sync in the system.

just tried handbrake, a bit rushed doing it, but

it took 5 hours to copy and then ................nothing?

I don't mind paying if I can get something to work fo a tired Dad?

LC

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I use Xilisoft DVD Ripper Ultimate 5, the basic is only about $25 I think and it always works and copies full DVD usually in under 30 min and reliable copies.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
just tried handbrake, a bit rushed doing it, but

it took 5 hours to copy and then ................nothing?

I don't mind paying if I can get something to work fo a tired Dad?

LC

When Windows was new and f ***all worked on it. I decided to buy a gizmo that worked on XP to get my analog videos onto my computer.You could supposedly download a patch to get it to work, no it didn't.
Anyhow, I ended up copying them through my DVD recorder on to disc and then using Handbrake onto the computer.
Although it took time it did work ok for me.
It must have been doing something for five hours? I know there are lots of options to use, maybe I just got lucky by pressing random selections. :dunce:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Almost all the vids on Seagulls TV were ripped using Handbrake. The only ones it couldn't handle were the Macrovision protected ones, so I used a different software to copy the DVDs onto my hard drive while simultaneously removing Macrovision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here