Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Positive to cheer people up

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It isn't like the fans have a choice who their owner is.

I'm very happy with cpfc2010 and in 4 years they have done brilliantly , but they have always said it was a short term solution and they would stand aside when they felt they couldn't push the club on but someone else could . I feel this time has come , gulp !

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
As I said nervous . Regarding bloom , will he be prepared to fund you for much longer ?

As I said in the relevant thread - I don't think Bloom is going anywhere for a very, very long time, but I could understand him retaining control while seeking some new investors and sponsors.

Bloom has little to prove to the fans - he has stumped up £200m on the debts, new stadium, new training complex, attracted blue chip sponsors and a huge uplift in the general infrastructure. However he is also constrained by FFP and having to compete against 13 rivals receiving parachute payments. So I suggest that his most significant long term investment is the training complex - the future is all about home grown talent - even Clubs in the Prem cannot afford to spend on escalating transfer fees, wages and agents percentages.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
I'm struggling to see how Palace being taken over by a billionaire is supposed to cheer us up, tbh?

I'l tell you what DID raise a smile though - MotD on Saturday night!

I watched, as ever without knowing the scores. Palace are 2-0 up away and cruising.

Then Zaha gets CHOPPED in the box 5 yards from the ref who waves play on. #chuckle.
Then someone elbows Speroni in the HEAD, and the ref says 'that's all fine. Goal stands'. 2-1 #chuckle
Then some other Palace chap gets POLE-AXED, 'play on' - West Brom into the box, whereupon chiefpr1ck Jedink chops down a striker, for a pen. Goal 2-2. #hahaha

Warnock blah blah blah, sob sob.

THAT cheered me up.

(A bit)

Just in case Palace don't provide you with another hearteningly amusing draw away from home in the PL next time, here's hoping that your own team manages something to lift your depression for once.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
I don't want to be taken over by some stinking rich billionaire who has no real affinity with our club. He's a yank who tried to take over Villa and then tried to take over Charlton and now wants us for a piece of the Premier League pie. He's run down the 76ers and would do exactly the same with us. Now don't get me wrong he's no Abramovich. He hasn't got his money from heavy (and before anyone accuses me of libel, ADMITTED) bribes to secure the entire Russian Oil, Gas & Coal network. But actually, I'm so anti foreign ownership its ridiculous.

I'm very happy with the Prince Charming gang thanks. However, Bevendean Muppet you might need a definition of what hypocrisy means. The HF banners represent them and not the club (we don't need our club to provide us with clackers thanks) and they have no choice over who may or may not choose to buy us. Ergo there is no hypocrisy whatsoever.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I don't want to be taken over by some stinking rich billionaire who has no real affinity with our club. He's a yank who tried to take over Villa and then tried to take over Charlton and now wants us for a piece of the Premier League pie. He's run down the 76ers and would do exactly the same with us. Now don't get me wrong he's no Abramovich. He hasn't got his money from heavy (and before anyone accuses me of libel, ADMITTED) bribes to secure the entire Russian Oil, Gas & Coal network. But actually, I'm so anti foreign ownership its ridiculous.

I'm very happy with the Prince Charming gang thanks. However, Bevendean Muppet you might need a definition of what hypocrisy means. The HF banners represent them and not the club (we don't need our club to provide us with clackers thanks) and they have no choice over who may or may not choose to buy us. Ergo there is no hypocrisy whatsoever.
I think I would use the word 'allegedly' rather than admitted!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here