Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One out, all out. Simon Ireland also departs

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Makes me think its Sherwood.
Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey both coaching at QPR at that level. A sweetner when we taken them off their hands?

That was my thought too. Not sure Ferdinand would come as he has a DOF role at QPR? But it does look like clearing the decks for a new management team to come in at all levels. That would suggest Sherwood as that I understand was part of his reservations when discussing the job on the summer.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Wonder if QPR will come in for any of our youth?

Agree with others that means Jones can be development/U21's whatever we call it this week and advise on past knowledge of personal as the new Manager brings in his own number 2

They can't. We have a higher status.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Looking more like Sherwood coming and bringing in Ramsay with him as U 21s manager with possibly Ferdinand as No 2. Perhaps Jones will go back to coach or U21s and Ramsay take the first ream.

Fits the bill perfectly with what has recently happened

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
That was my thought too. Not sure Ferdinand would come as he has a DOF role at QPR? But it does look like clearing the decks for a new management team to come in at all levels. That would suggest Sherwood as that I understand was part of his reservations when discussing the job on the summer.

Ferdinad is no DOF at QPR but does have a good role where he oversees coaching and player development for all the youth teams right up to the U21's. I think his arm could be twisted if Tim were to take over as could Ramsey's. Can only see Tim coming here if they are coming as well.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Looking more like Sherwood coming and bringing in Ramsay with him as U 21s manager with possibly Ferdinand as No 2. Perhaps Jones will go back to coach or U21s and Ramsay take the first ream.

Vintage stuff BG.

Sherwood: Bring us a couple of pads of paper Chris
Ramsey: A4 okay Tim?

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Another here who thinks this smells of Sherwood - I seem to recall the problem with hiring him before is that he wanted his own team, and we already had a number of people in place.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Another here who thinks this smells of Sherwood - I seem to recall the problem with hiring him before is that he wanted his own team, and we already had a number of people in place.
I hope you are right. I would be ecstatic

Not something I recall Andy Naylor ever commenting on at the time, when he surely knew all about the problem.
Indeed. There's a silly NSC theme around that claims that Andy Naylor knows nothing and gets his stories by reading NSC. But this is, of course, total nonsense. He's a professional journalist, with good contacts at all levels within the Club.

But he seems to be fearful of ever breaking a "bad news" story, when he must know that there is one bubbling away just below the surface. Which is why the Argus never told us about the issues between Poyet and Barber, or the issues between Garcia and Burke, or the now freely admitted "recruitment problems" of 2014.

We expect better from our local paper. "Better" means that there may be risks for Mr Naylor, of course, and he may well run into trouble from the Club or the fans. But that surely comes with the territory that he's been so generously given over the years. Man up, Andy.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
They can't. We have a higher status.

I dont think that is quite right.

The Cat Status of any club cannot restrict player movement, in this instant any youth player ( scholar ) or Under 21 player ( young pro ) would probably have a Football League contract that unless they are given a free transfer or released would command an agreed transfer fee.

But in the context of a young, say 12 year old at our academy, they still could move to a Cat 2 academy if the recipient club pay the predetermined compensation, based on the time that youngster has been with us.

Generally it is unlikely that any fancied youngster would wish to move from a Cat 1 to Cat 2, but thinking of two anomalies of say Crystal Palace or QPR where their Academy status doesnt really reflect their 'whole club' status.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here