Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One of the biggest questions in Football will be answered Sunday

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm fairly sure I saw a lot of tippy tappy triangles from Germany the other night. Brazil on the other hand tried to play a physical, long ball game all tournament.

This. Two of the goals invloved some nice short passes in the box.

At least England can now say they rank alongside Spain and play like Brazil.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Really want to see a German victory. Argentina have somehow reached the final while never actually looking especially convincing.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
As Itv said the 3rd final between the two ,NO it isnt the last two were v West Germany gets my goat.

Correct...it drives me mad as well. As West Germany ( totally different country ) they won 3 World Cups...1954 / 1974 / 1990.
As Germany...no World Cup wins....and this would be the first final v Argentina.

The records of both East and West Germany were absorbed by the unified German team.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm fairly sure I saw a lot of tippy tappy triangles from Germany the other night. Brazil on the other hand tried to play a physical, long ball game all tournament.

Germany even when they tried to play like Brazil,just could not do it,even when they were 7-0 up,not the most attractive side to ever play,but clinical finishing,defensively stout,technically sound players,all playing with a real team spirit..

They showed glimpses in 2010 just what a threat they would be this tournament.

I hope they win,we need a European side to win,i will be hoping Germany win..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Answered-Well done Germany..

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Correct...it drives me mad as well. As West Germany ( totally different country ) they won 3 World Cups...1954 / 1974 / 1990.
As Germany...no World Cup wins....and this would be the first final v Argentina.
Have a word with fifa as they still insist on Germany having three stars on their shirts (4now) to denote how many times they have won the world cup

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Do you have autism?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Didn't Monmouthshire switch from England to Wales post 1966? This would make England a different country.... better scrub that star off the "England" shirt.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
The Germans will do a job on Messi. It won't be easy and isn't fashionable these days but expect someone to be detailed to man mark him. In key games they have always done it. In 1966, Beckenbauer was furious when Helmut Schoen made him man mark Bobby Charlton ( not realising that Alf Ramsey had detailed Charlton to take Beckenbauer out the game, which caused equal displeasure ) With the best players nullified, it was then a question of how good were the others to step up to the mark.
In 1986, Maradona was almost unstoppable but the Germans tracked him for 90 minutes and at least stopped him scoring. He was so good then, however, that even though he had man markers, he was able in a split second to set up the winning goal for Burrachaga.
I believe the Germans have a better all round team than Argentina although both are well drilled and organised. The key to the game is Messi and can they nullify him. Like 1986 and Maradona ( who was better than Messi in his prime ) a moment's genius can change things. Germany haven't got that brilliance. What they have got is supreme self-confidence and tremendous organisation.
Neither of these sides are as brittle as Brazil so it promises to be a tight game. I just hope it isn't 120 minutes of stalemate, stinking the place out and relying on a penalty shoot-out. I'm going Germany by the odd goal...1-0 or 2-1.

Respect. Messi obviously was a bit stale but pretty well as you forecast.

I had wanted Argentina to win as they had seemed to have cleaned their act up at last against Holland, but there were some nasty tackles going in again last night. A puma never changes its spots it seems, I wonder if the one seen around Southease last week is feeling low?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here