Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] One month today....

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It's really pleasing after xmas was effectively cancelled last year people really seem to be throwing themselves into it this year, it feels like xmas has come early and plenty of people are determined to celebrate in style.

We have been very cautious during the pandemic but are having Mrs Crodo's parents over and our good friends Polly and Giles. We'll take the necessary precautions, good ventilation, covid tests in advance and social distancing but we're determined to make the most of this years Yuletide festivities.

What have you bought for Dirty Barry this year?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I have to say, from a purely selfish point of view - I really appreciated the fact that Christmas last year was, to a large extent, cancelled.

My children live with their mum so Christmas can be a difficult and poignant time if you are not with your kids when all the messaging around Christmas is about happy families and people being together. So just for one year it didn't feel quite so difficult. Of course, the sensible thing to do would be to ignore Christmas completely, which is what I generally try to do, so far as that is possible.

Ho ho ho.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
First Christmas off in four years. Looking forward to it. I hope after the Covid hullabaloo that people keep it nice and low key the world over. I hate the hue and cry of Christmas so a nice, peaceful Christmas with kith and kin is just what the doctor ordered as opposed to looking after drunks and drug addicts all night. Going to be a lovely one.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Crodo will be sending you your Xmas present soon….lateral flow tests, masks, a tape measure for social distancing and a guide book on how to isolate with 15 others without losing it…have a nice time :whistle:
My step dad, only last week, came off oxygen he was on at home, after getting Covid on top of a chest infection in August and nearly dying.

It was his 70th yesterday, so all the siblings, and grand kids went around to celebrate with a take away.

This is how my Xmas plans got crushed, as we don't know if we will get another family get together for Xmas next year.

We did say shall we bring mask and other PPE, but if Crodo does want to send some presents, they will be greatly received.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
I have to say, from a purely selfish point of view - I really appreciated the fact that Christmas last year was, to a large extent, cancelled.

My children live with their mum so Christmas can be a difficult and poignant time if you are not with your kids when all the messaging around Christmas is about happy families and people being together. So just for one year it didn't feel quite so difficult. Of course, the sensible thing to do would be to ignore Christmas completely, which is what I generally try to do, so far as that is possible.

Ho ho ho.

Chin up mate. Before you know it it'll be Boxing Day, football, and easing yourself into the New Year. I had some horrible Xmas's after Wife No.1 left me but after 30 years with Wife No.2 I can assure you it does get better. And it will, Bry.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My step dad, only last week, came off oxygen he was on at home, after getting Covid on top of a chest infection in August and nearly dying.

It was his 70th yesterday, so all the siblings, and grand kids went around to celebrate with a take away.

This is how my Xmas plans got crushed, as we don't know if we will get another family get together for Xmas next year.

We did say shall we bring mask and other PPE, but if Crodo does want to send some presents, they will be greatly received.

Hope all goes well …I guess a reminder to enjoy meeting with loved ones while you can..it’ll be the first one without my father …we tried to make the last one as ‘normal’ as possible knowing where his Bad health was going

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year as I haven't seen my brother since the Covid-19 pandemic started. Lots of red tape that has prevented it. Three whole days from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day evening. :xmas:

I might just break down in tears from the happiness of it all when I finally get to hug him.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I thought Detroit had shut down?

It's been shut down since the 67 riots :lolol:

In fairness, downtown Detroit has had a resurgence over the last few years, I am not sure I agree as it is mainly gentrification, much like the East End in Shoreditch etc. Now you see white folk & policemen downtown, when once they were complete no go areas for both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here