Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One game from the sack

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know, strictly speaking, we've got the best players we've ever had right now but my word - those players were often great to watch.

Plus Bruno.

Relative to the division, definitely. So much quality.

But I felt the cautious slow, passing game of Poyet (Championship version) and Garcia didn't get the best out of them in the main.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I couldn't comment on that. But it was a really enjoyable game.

I liked the football Albion played under Sami. I'm a big fan of wing backs. I also felt he was very unfortunate because of the awful recruitment. I think we had five loan signings.

Do you not feel the following things were true;

- He persisted with a formation which MASSIVELY exposed Gordon Greer's complete lack of pace and never seemed to address this, just making the same mistake week after week? It's all very well liking a certain formation/way of playing, but if you simply don't have the players to do it, continuing to try and do it is really daft.

- He also persisted with possibly the most physically weak and underexperienced Brighton midfield I've ever seen - chucking Rohan Ince, Jake Forster Caskey and Gary Gardner in at the deep end, and again never really acknowledging that it was woefully short of what was required? A far more physically robust Andrew Crofts was left sat on the bench most weeks, when he would've brought more balance to the midfield.

His "cards" may not have been the best (still had a handful or so of real quality players), but they were certainly better than what he achieved with them, as was shown by what happened just before and just after.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sorry Beachy it’s this retirement mullarkey, it plays with your typing fingers 😂

Now is the time to unwind and do all those things you didn't have time to do when working

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here