One For The Ladies

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

el punal

As my usual set of friends are otherwise engaged I am taking the good lady wife to watch the Albion against t'Boro this Saturday.

Now, I need advice from the ladies of NSC or men with a feminine side as how to make the day go off with a bang (no tittering at the back).

So far it has been a very reluctant acceptance on her part, despite my promise of providing her with a delicious lunch (pre-match) and copious amounts of Chilean Merlot.

I am open to all suggestions, provided it does not lead to divorce proceedings or worse. I thank you. :smile:

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Well,I can only wish you good luck mate,I went to football with my wife ONCE and it will never happen again.It was at the Withdean and of course,we lost,badly,she consoled my near suicidal state by saying that at least it was nice for the away fans(Leeds) to come all this way and win.She also scolded those around us for booing the Leeds substitutes saying it wasn't very welcoming of us.Never again.Ever.

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
My current Gf's 1st ever Seagulls experience was away at Oldham. It was freezing (always is there...) but the pies were hot and we won thanks to a brilliant goal from Elliot Bennett, he cut in from the left and lashed it home to the far corner.

She's been to a few since but doesn't like fruity language! So I prefer to go with mates or my dad / bro.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My wife accompanies me to every match. There are two main benefits here.

1) I get to stay out for a few sherbets afterwards.
2) I don't have to kiss her goodbye when I leave for the match.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Much like taking a child for the first time i would guess Just generally make the day as enjoyable as it can be

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I took my GF V Watford last year, the first live game she's ever been to. She was a bit surprised that there was no commentary and was a bit confused generally by the rules of the game. She loved it though.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I took my wife to her first game at the Goldstone for Liam Brady's first match in charge.

We went in the North Stand and she absolutely loved it. She joined in with all the chanting, learning all the words in no time at all plus decided that as everyone else was shouting obscenities at the Cambridge players, she should too.

She has never been the same since.

el punal

I hasten to add that in our younger days she went to loads of matches, and enjoyed them, with a particular fancying of Nobby Horton, from a distance of course!

It's a case of getting her back in the groove, so to speak.

Wish me luck!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
If she enjoyed the footie at the Goldstone, she'll be blown away at the Amex.
And there is also the added bonus of our current crop of dishy players to ogle at. Just a pity that our drop-dead handsome Messiah won't be playing.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Take her into the shop. It's a shop. It sells clothes. It sells other stuff. She'll love it.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Take her into the shop. It's a shop. It sells clothes. It sells other stuff. She'll love it.
Very much this. Level of interest in the Albion will go through the roof once she discovers the ladieswear section in the Seagulls Shop... pink scarves, pink hats, pink shirts, pyjamas, etc... and if you explain how 10% of the price can be SAVED with every purchase then you will have a fan for life.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Tell her to come if she wants or don't come. I wouldn't waste your time trying to make sure she doesn't throw a hissy fit.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
When my ex was pregnant with our son she was two weeks over due but we were playing at home at Withdean, I didnt want to miss the birth of my newborn so she came with me, she actually enjoyed it I didnt have to anything very lucky,she still like to go to games when she can now , so in short just go with it she may surprise herself and fall in Love with the Albion

el punal

Thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions. So it will be a case of decent lunch, lots of wine, shop 'til you drop, woolly hat, padded seat, ogling fit blokes etc. etc.

This is not going to come cheap!

I'll let you know the outcome when I've recovered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports