Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One defeat in nine

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
A lot of mentions recently about not winning games, but we've now only lost once in our last nine (EPL and Europa), following the Villa debacle - and that was a narrow one-goal defeat at Man City. Dropped points v Fulham and Sheff Utd for sure, but I'd say that's pretty impressive given our injury list and how many fixtures we've had to play.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
A lot of mentions recently about not winning games, but we've now only lost once in our last nine (EPL and Europa), following the Villa debacle - and that was a narrow one-goal defeat at Man City. Dropped points v Fulham and Sheff Utd for sure, but I'd say that's pretty impressive given our injury list and how many fixtures we've had to play.
Turn it in will you.

No place for threads such as this, moaning only please!

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
4 points from 5th (as the Villa game stands) and 6 points from 4th with an excellent chance of qualifying from the hardest Europa league group in the whole competition. Would have taken this position after 13 games before the season started.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

The other side of the coin is its our first league win in 8, not won in PL since muff at home on Sep 24th 2 months ago.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Draws are relegation form.

Wins are what matter.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
We’re joint top draw merchants as it stands, along with four other sides (4 draws.) Too early to start worrying about a return of Potterism, one hopes.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We’re joint top draw merchants as it stands, along with four other sides (4 draws.) Too early to start worrying about a return of Potterism, one hopes.
That’s when injuries and Euro football have really kicked in though. We didn’t draw a single game for ages at the start of the season

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Plus we have 10 men injured (now 12 men out) , we are a respectable 8th in the League and on course for qualifying for the knockout stage for the first time in a European competition. Today, we played one of the best matches of the season with 10 men; at least two of whom were playing out of position and without our captain; and beat a very motivated opponent - if we can draw a string of games with such a depleted squad and only one loss in the last 9 games, we are seriously doing ok at the moment imo.

I would take a top 10 finish as things are right now and getting through the group stages of the Europa.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
8th is target for Europe as England is virtually assured of 5th CL place next season, assuming FA Cup won by one of top 8, and there isn't some bizarre occurrence of a team winning in Europe and not finishing in top 8.
The League Cup would also need to be won by one of the top 7 sides for 8th to get the Conference League spot. That would mean one of Liverpool or Newcastle have to win it.

I don’t think a side winning a European competition and finishing outside of the top 8 would affect anything for qualification. As we saw with West Ham last season when they won the Conference League.

I suppose the only potential issue is someone outside the top 5 winning the Champions League as I don’t think UEFA would allow the Premier League a 6th place. So that could have a knock on effect over who qualifies for what and could be complicated further if that that side wasn’t top 8, but there is a very very slim chance of it happening so probably not worth worrying about.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
8th is target for Europe as England is virtually assured of 5th CL place next season, assuming FA Cup won by one of top 8, and there isn't some bizarre occurrence of a team winning in Europe and not finishing in top 8.
Agreed. Finishing in the top eight, securing Europe for another season, and two good cup runs would be excellent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here