Brighton / Hove actually
Aah, thems were the days

aBHA.jpg

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What does this actually mean to you?
What is YOUR definition of it?

Doesn't mean anything to me any more than the Nike slogan of 'Just do it' means anything; it's just marketspeak corporate bollocks that could be used by any club (A bit like loads of clubs use 'Simply the Best' as their intro music).

As to why have we got it that's easy to answer: With every 1000 iron-on shirt transfers we got a free big one for the shop itself. The suppliers had some left after their deal with Southampton.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I was totally bemused by this sudden & unannounced club "slogan". But if the club has only "One Ambition" (when I think it should perhaps have more than one), I was intrigued to know what that "One Ambition" is.

So last week I e-mailed that nice Mr Barber as follows:-

"Mr Barber

Intrigued to note the club's new slogan of "One Club, One Ambition".

The "One Club" is obvious, but it would be appreciated if you could enlighten me on what the club's "One Ambition" is.

I look forward to hearing from you"

Given that many others have suggested that Mr Barber responds extremely promptly to fellow supporters e-mails,

I suspect the question is proving somewhat difficult.

He has not seen fit to reply.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
One Nation !

this quote leaves club wide open to ridicule ,

how long before its rearranged to things like ...

No Club , No ambition ?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The original plan was to have ONE CLUB, ONE GOAL but Paul Barber thought that this was a bit ambitious. And two members of the board weren't sure what a goal was anyway.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It's a very poor sloganeering, given its connotations...

bk0007t783w-FID3.jpg

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
The original plan was to have ONE CLUB, ONE GOAL but Paul Barber thought that this was a bit ambitious. And two members of the board weren't sure what a goal was anyway.

Brilliant!

Continuing the 'I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue' game: One Club, One Manager a Season.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I was totally bemused by this sudden & unannounced club "slogan". But if the club has only "One Ambition" (when I think it should perhaps have more than one), I was intrigued to know what that "One Ambition" is.

So last week I e-mailed that nice Mr Barber

Like you, I also emailed Mr Barber, suggesting that as our Chairman and benefactor is nicknamed 'The Lizard' our slogan should be changed to:

ONE CLUB. ONE AMPHIBIAN.

Unlike you however, I received the sort of detailed and comprehensive response we have become accustomed to - all within an impressive 5 minutes of sending - in spite of it being nearly a quarter to two in the morning:

Dear Mr Nylon

Please forgive my delay in responding to your suggestion; I would've liked to have replied sooner however I am currently standing outside Stansted FC with David Burke, lobbing a set of tracksuits and some business cards over the fence. (David was going to come by himself but understandably he coudn't fit all the tracksuits in the back of the Clio).

With regard to the substance of your email, lizards are in fact a widespread group of squamate reptiles rtaher than amphibians, with approximately 6,000 species, ranging across all continents except Antarctica, as well as most oceanic island chains. The group, traditionally recognized as the suborder Lacertilia, is defined as all extant members of the Lepidosauria (reptiles with overlapping scales) that are neither sphenodonts (i.e., tuatara) nor snakes – they form an evolutionary grade. While the snakes are recognized as falling phylogenetically within the Toxicofera clade from which they evolved, the sphenodonts are the sister group to the squamates, the larger monophyletic group, which includes both the lizards and the snakes.

Thanks for your continued support; yours in sport -

Paul.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm so glad it's about teams playing at the highest level possible. I so hate it when teams deliberately get themselves relegated

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here